Central locking - starting problem!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peppercorn

Reaction score
Hi gang, this is my 1st post here and I hope someone can help.

I have a Tdi300 Discovery 98 model and I'm having central locking issues and immobilisor problems.

Hi, Can anyone help??

I have a 98 Tdi300 Disco with issues. I have been reading all day but cannot really find where the problem lies.

The problem. Firstly, the central locking via the remote key FOB was erratic until it finally died. I replaced the battery in the FOB without helping!

Then, the bloody car wouldn't start unless I locked the car with the key and then unlocked it. That works "Most" times!

When I stop the engine and get out of the car and back in again the immobiliser stops the engine cranking again and I have to get out and lock the car and unlock it to get it to crank.

I have pulled out the immobilisor and checked it and it seems good. I checked the solder joints and reheated a few iffy ones but, nothing has changed.
I have "looked at" the relays and they all seem OK but, I don't know how to check relays to prove they are OK!
All the fuses are OK and now I'm lost! The Unit is a Lucas 10AS ECU.

I'd be happy to hard wire the Unit to bypass the immobilisor if possible but, cannot find anyone who shows the way.

Anyone help please?? Thanks!

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi gang, this is my 1st post here and I hope someone can help.

I have a Tdi300 Discovery 98 model and I'm having central locking issues and immobilisor problems.

Hi, Can anyone help??

I have a 98 Tdi300 Disco with issues. I have been reading all day but cannot really find where the problem lies.

The problem. Firstly, the central locking via the remote key FOB was erratic until it finally died. I replaced the battery in the FOB without helping!

Then, the bloody car wouldn't start unless I locked the car with the key and then unlocked it. That works "Most" times!

When I stop the engine and get out of the car and back in again the immobiliser stops the engine cranking again and I have to get out and lock the car and unlock it to get it to crank.

I have pulled out the immobilisor and checked it and it seems good. I checked the solder joints and reheated a few iffy ones but, nothing has changed.
I have "looked at" the relays and they all seem OK but, I don't know how to check relays to prove they are OK!
All the fuses are OK and now I'm lost! The Unit is a Lucas 10AS ECU.

I'd be happy to hard wire the Unit to bypass the immobilisor if possible but, cannot find anyone who shows the way.

Anyone help please?? Thanks!

Have you considered the possibility of having that 10AS ECU reset by the 'stealership'?

Peppercorn

Reaction score
Hey Wolf
Thanks for the idea but I had the problem solved by the Landrover people by buying a new FOB
They programmed it for me and that was the end of my problems!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM