Colored markings on new tires explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my Cooper Zeon LTZ's did great in the sudden 5" blizzard we had in KC last weekend. I think the common denominator is the LR4 just being good in snow. Absent tires wholly unsuited for the condition, I think we're starting well ahead of most other vehicles.

I've had other full time 4wd cars, though, including a Disco I and an 80-series Land Cruiser, and I've driven an LX470 (100 series Land Cruiser) a lot in the snow. I think the LR4 is a bit better, though, due to the traction control and the automagically locking center diff when in the correct "mode."

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned four different 4 x 4's here in Colorado with different A/T's and the combination of the LR4 and these tires are by far the best that I have experienced in snowy conditions.

I think the common denominator is the LR4 just being good in snow. Absent tires wholly unsuited for the condition, I think we're starting well ahead of most other vehicles.

These comments make me very happy with my tire selection and (once again) with my vehicle selection!

The Conti's were installed this morning. It's 60º here in DC today and supposed to be clear for the next few days. So I gave the whip a wash to spiff up the rims and celebrate the new "Christmas Shoes."

The shoulder lugs on the Conti A/T's don't scream "off-road", nor are they meant to, but the overall look of them on the vehicle is pleasing. They look good; dressy but effective. If James Bond were an A/T tire, he might be the ContactTerrain. :cool:

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We seldom go to where the snow is, but have a 2013 with the Conti's and they are awesome. Pretty quiet on the freeways, very capable in the wet and snow and have been as good as it gets for our 13 LR4. I fully agree winter tires for severe snow conditions might be best, but for all around running these are great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM