Considering A-Bar...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

I am considering an A-Bar but can not find any pictures of LR3's with them installed ? any got some pictures or websites w/ pictures ? also anyone who has it what do they think of it ?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to www.landrover.com ---> Retailers---> accessories. Lots of accessories pictured. I think the A-bar looks great. One thing I hated aboutr LR3 was the body colored grille blendingd in to much. The A-bar brings out the center of the car and helps the look.

M

Matt_Grim2

I live in Maryland, y do you need to know that ? just curious ?

What i am trying to find is acctually people's LR3's w/ the A-bar Pictures not the one on the LR site because that isn't what it really looks like in real life...

W

w6000

Matt_Grim2 said:
I live in Maryland, y do you need to know that ? just curious ?

What i am trying to find is acctually people's LR3's w/ the A-bar Pictures not the one on the LR site because that isn't what it really looks like in real life...

I think he's trying to figure out if your parents are related.

H

Houm_WA

...cause I have an A-Frame brush bar and the (LR) Driving lights (along with the X-bars, mud flaps and side steps). I don't want nobody stealin' my look !!! ...but since your'e all the way out on the other coast, it's no biggie. I love the look of it, myself.

S

schafari

I thought I really wanted to the awesome brush guard. However, after looking into it, seeing them and examining them in real life, I decided against it. Keep in mind, I was not neutral going into this. Prior/during buying the LR3 the brush guard was a fore gone conclusion that I was going to get it. I loved it. . . I thought.

When I looked at a couple LR3s with it installed, my desire reduced. When I looked at the installs and the functioning, it reduced. Lookwise, it also reduced.

The install does not lend great solid support. You can push the top and it moves. I don't like that. The thing looks rock solid in the pictures. . . Once you touch it, it is kinda movable to much. Also, the look of it, ONLY in person, makes the LR3 look taller and skinnier. Never noticed this in the pics. In taking long hard looks at it, it makes the LR3 look less wide, and more high. I hate that look. A good wide front end looks great in my opinion. The guard detracted from the wide look. Overall I considered the significant weight hung out in about the worst spot possible. . . The covering of the great looking LR grill and badge area. . . Finally, it would also block my remote radar (Bel RX75 Pro Plus) install.

Sorry for the length, but just wanted to tell you the story of the brush guard lover, that once seeing the guard in person, completely eliminated it. (Also, cost was not an object such was my initial ill founded love it. . .)

H

Houm_WA

Schafari, that was quite a rant, but if we didn't all have different tastes, the world would be boring.

Nevermind the fact that you have a radar in your SUV. That's just silly...if you want to drive fast, buy a sports car.

Also, your concern for how rigid the brushbar is amuses me. Do you actually take your LR3 offroad? (I do on occasion but I am no means a pure offroader) If so, do you intend to knock over Redwoods with it?

It does what it is intended to do, and looks great, especially on a Black vehicle. ..but that's my opinion based on my taste (as is yours above) so I'm glad you don't like it and I really hope that few people purchase the A-frame bar because I value uniqueness.

See ya

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635