Front Bull bar Lr4 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loowee

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to install a 4runner comptible bull bar since I heard it will fit without welding and metal works. I have no problem cutting the plastic bumper. No need for winch installation. Any tips or model to recommend ?

Brand or model is no factor but I want a modern look under a 500$ budget. Not interested in the plain rounded "westin" style bull bars that we see everywhere on dodge rams.

Any recommendation or specific type/model to recommend ?
Pictures of your setup are more than welcome.

Thx guys ! Long live LR !

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a "4runner comptible bull bar"?

And you want it under $500?

Lol.

loowee

Reaction score
Well... i can have that bullbar brand new for 350$ and I'm pretty good with my hands so I figured the 500$ mark was plenth but lets say budget is not a factor...

1694712573288.png

This guy has done it and its 10x nicer than any LR bull bars out there.

Honestly, the stock options are either flimsy plastic trims or the huge ARB bumper that disfigures the whole front.

1694713470394.png

If you have any alternative with a similar look and strength. Im a buyer.

Thx !

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a standard winch bumper sold for 4Runners. There is no such bumper for the LR4.

The closest is probably one of the bumpers that Lucky8 offers.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... i can have that bullbar brand new for 350$ and I'm pretty good with my hands so I figured the 500$ mark was plenth but lets say budget is not a factor...

View attachment 23899

This guy has done it and its 10x nicer than any LR bull bars out there.

Honestly, the stock options are either flimsy plastic trims or the huge ARB bumper that disfigures the whole front.

View attachment 23900

If you have any alternative with a similar look and strength. Im a buyer.

Thx !
I know that LR. He's in our Nor Cal Rover Club. Look him up on IG LR4XFar. He's got posts on the bumper. Warn 100022 4Runner Bumper with "minimal modifications"

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
" ...the huge ARB bumper that disfigures the whole front." I sort of agree on that point @loowee . In fact, I look at the grill and headlight area of my LR4 and it is probably the sharpest looking aspect of the entire rig. I just can't cover it in something that looks like the facemask of a football helmet. I really don't need it and it's not worth it to me. I've considered a hidden winch, but I really don't need a winch. I've made some poor decisions and/or wound up in the wrong place if I need a winch to get out. Then I would just be getting it to add something to the rig. Although it is fun to modify and upgrade it, sometimes less is more.

It's a temptation that I really struggle with. I don't know how many times I've looked at mine recently and thought, "You know, maybe... well, what about?" There are reasons why, for me, I don't want certain things and those are really the only things left that would be a major upgrade. We talked about the bull bar/winch, but what about a steel rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier? Well, I want to keep my visibility and I already have a place for a spare tire underneath. Again, I don't need it and there are reasons I don't want it.

That is part of the reason I have been experiencing "Disco fever". I like the look. More importantly, I could modify that thing up in all sorts of ways, throw every off-road gadget onto it, drill holes in it, run wires through it, whatever, and I wouldn't feel bad about it one bit. It would be bought for that purpose and if it gets beat up or looks ridiculous, it's fine. Probably more fun in some ways than trying to make prudent decisions about what I should do, or shouldn't, with my LR4.

Last edited:

loowee

Reaction score
Amen ! Couldnt agree more...
I might just end up removing front bumper and see what im dealing with. Got a friendly neighbor that can do anything with a welder and he's also my mechanic ;)

Thx guys !

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
" ...the huge ARB bumper that disfigures the whole front." I sort of agree on that point @loowee . In fact, I look at the grill and headlight area of my LR4 and it is probably the sharpest looking aspect of the entire rig. I just can't cover it in something that looks like the facemask of a football helmet. I really don't need it and it's not worth it to me. I've considered a hidden winch, but I really don't need a winch. I've made some poor decisions and/or wound up in the wrong place if I need a winch to get out. Then I would just be getting it to add something to the rig. Although it is fun to modify and upgrade it, sometimes less is more.

It's a temptation that I really struggle with. I don't know how many times I've looked at mine recently and thought, "You know, maybe... well, what about?" There are reasons why, for me, I don't want certain things and those are really the only things left that would be a major upgrade. We talked about the bull bar/winch, but what about a steel rear bumper with a swing out tire carrier? Well, I want to keep my visibility and I already have a place for a spare tire underneath. Again, I don't need it and there are reasons I don't want it.

That is part of the reason I have been experiencing "Disco fever". I like the look. More importantly, I could modify that thing up in all sorts of ways, throw every off-road gadget onto it, drill holes in it, run wires through it, whatever, and I wouldn't feel bad about it one bit. It would be bought for that purpose and if it gets beat up or looks ridiculous, it's fine. Probably more fun in some ways than trying to make prudent decisions about what I should do, or shouldn't, with my LR4.
Ahem…
Yeah beauty is subjective blah blah blah.
IMG_9016.jpeg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be team "hidden winch," but now I think an ARB is the way to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72