Coolant/Liquid leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Higgins

Reaction score
Found a puddle under my 130K mile LR4. Coolant was dripping from the front of the transmission pan. Local Indie shop diagnosed it as rear crossover pipe failure and repaired it. I hadn't lost much/any coolant and considered myself lucky.

Since the repair; I've noticed dripping in the same location while the AC is running. The condensate is dripping mostly on the PAX side of the transmission with a little on the driver side also. Is it possible that the AC drip line was displaced during the repair? Or is this a symptom of a clogged AC line elsewhere (inside the cabin perhaps)?

I guess I'm trying to visualise where the drip line runs. Thanks!

John Higgins

Reaction score
Well - I’ve located the pax side drip line. In the photo, the blue wire is the pax o2 sensor (for reference). The routing seems weird to me. The line is horizontal with a clip on the end suggesting it should be fitted somewhere. Dropping it vertical would expose it to the heat of the exhaust. Anyone know how this should route? Right now it’s spilling across the gearbox which doesn’t seem right

Attachments

• IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members