Defect on my new 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Stephen,

I see your point and it's absolutely true. I sent you an email with some info and pics after I picked up my truck - what do you think?

-David
Your tuck is HOT!!! I bet you can't wait to get back home and start enjoying it.

BTW... my wood piece was only up a little, that does need to be replaced ;-)

I'll respond to your e-mail - I've been nutty busy that past couple weeks.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I also found a men's black dress sock under one of my seats --- you think someone romped in my truck on the lot, or at the factory?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your tuck is HOT!!! I bet you can't wait to get back home and start enjoying it.

BTW... my wood piece was only up a little, that does need to be replaced ;-)

I'll respond to your e-mail - I've been nutty busy that past couple weeks.
Thanks, buddy!

I head out to Oakhurst next Saturday to get the roof rack, sliders with steps, and ladder installed. The Cooper tires are next (in a couple weeks). It's taking shape :)

No worries about responding quickly, I just wanted to make sure you got it as I have been having trouble with my e-mail at times.

I agree that my defect needs to be fixed, it's barely noticeable, but I can see it. If I push down on the wood, it closes the gap, so maybe they can just glue it? hopefully it's not a big fix!!!!

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, buddy!

I head out to Oakhurst next Saturday to get the roof rack, sliders with steps, and ladder installed. The Cooper tires are next (in a couple weeks). It's taking shape :)

No worries about responding quickly, I just wanted to make sure you got it as I have been having trouble with my e-mail at times.

I agree that my defect needs to be fixed, it's barely noticeable, but I can see it. If I push down on the wood, it closes the gap, so maybe they can just glue it? hopefully it's not a big fix!!!!

-David

It's not a hard fix at all. It pops right off... has two clips. Actually, the piece is built extremely well... it's cast alloy with the wood veneer layered over it. And it's expensive too. I bet one of the clips isn't set correctly. I'd try and explain it in detail, but they should be able to fix it in minutes. Either with a new clip or a new part w/clips.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled some clear plastic (very hard, thick stuff) out of the drivers door near the hinge/speaker area between the panel and metal on the door... must have just been the dealership not prepping the car correctly?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im at the dealer for my 5k mile oil change (I can't got 15k on a new engine...). I showed them the small defect on the steering wheel leather and they are going to replace it! wow.

They said the interior has a limited 12k mile warranty or something, so I guess it is good I didnt wait until 15k for a service. Im trying to think of anything else I need them to look at.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im at the dealer for my 5k mile oil change (I can't got 15k on a new engine...). I showed them the small defect on the steering wheel leather and they are going to replace it! wow.

They said the interior has a limited 12k mile warranty or something, so I guess it is good I didnt wait until 15k for a service. Im trying to think of anything else I need them to look at.
Awesome! I am heading to the dealership likely Friday to get my wood trim gap fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635