Defect on my new 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRwhat

Reaction score
David, from what you describe I have the same issue as you do in my 12. Would you mind taking a pic so i can see, well have the dog sitter take one:biggrin:? Let me know what the dealer says!
I have noticed that the glass in my passenger front window has a few vertical score marks towards the top. I have looked and can't find anything that would be scratching it, but it sure makes a noise when the window rolls down the last inch or so. Lastly, my driver seat squeaks like none other!

Last edited:

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh the joys of getting the "punch list" completed.....I'm jealous!

I remember when I got my LR3 - the front window had a perfect hand print in the lamination....luckily it was just on centerline (and it was a lease) so I never fixed it, but everyone took lots of pictures!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 13' has some character also, the 5 oclock position on the steering wheel on the back, has some wierd bumps and the leather isnt even. Its not a big deal, but they still have some quality control issues that they miss.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, from what you describe I have the same issue as you do in my 12. Would you mind taking a pic so i can see, well have the dog sitter take one:biggrin:? Let me know what the dealer says!
I have noticed that the glass in my passenger front window has a few vertical score marks towards the top. I have looked and can't find anything that would be scratching it, but it sure makes a noise when the window rolls down the last inch or so. Lastly, my driver seat squeaks like none other!
My seat squeaked a bit on my 2011 and they finally fixed it by tightening up some of the bolts. For some reason, the driver's seat in my 2011 LR4 HSE was not very comfortable and always felt a bit off.

I will post a pic this afternoon, as they are going to snap a photo and send it to me today. I already contacted the dealership and he wants me to bring it by so they can fix it for me. Beside that, everything else seems to be great (fingers crossed).

-David

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my issues was solved and I feel a little foolish about it - the noise I thought was coming from the outside mirror was actually due to some stuff that had fallen off a tree and lodged into the track for the window. Once I pulled the small pieces out I was back to a peaceful ride.

I'm really enjoying the improvements made to the audio system and nav since 2010, but that's a different thread.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my issues was solved and I feel a little foolish about it - the noise I thought was coming from the outside mirror was actually due to some stuff that had fallen off a tree and lodged into the track for the window. Once I pulled the small pieces out I was back to a peaceful ride.

I'm really enjoying the improvements made to the audio system and nag since 2010, but that's a different thread.
I am right there with you about the audio system improvements!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey horatio8,

That does look defective. I know it is a bit frustrating, as I just noticed a slight imperfection in my 2013 I picked up last Saturday. I am currently in Boston, but I am having my dog sitter take a photo so I can send it to my dealership. Basically, the wood molding near the touch screen display is very slightly off toward the passenger side. It's not really noticeable and if I push lightly on the wood the gap closes. It's hard to describe, but you will get it when I post a photo. I tried to pop it in, but it seems like a little glue would work or something.

How is your rear top latch to close? I posted in another thread that mine is rather tough/heavy.

-David

My 2010 LR4 had the same issue. I just chalked it off. The part is a few hundred dollars. And the wood itself looks hand-sanded - so God knows how many actually fit and how many don't. But after dropping that kind of money, I'd want it perfect too.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading more of the thread I have to shake my head. I can't express this more, but LR is such a small company, so old school in so many ways, moving into modern automobile building. Plus, I'm sure half of the people that work there have hang-overs most of the week. These little things are in all LRs... every model. Even my RRS has a few things that aren't perfect. But none of them enough to warrant replacement parts. Defective door seals, yeah, should be fixed, but imperfections in wood, leather stitching etc... not worth ******** about it... because again, these trucks might as well be hand-made... I'm sure next gen, computer/robot made cars will be much better. But for now, we get what we get. And honestly, BMW, Merc, Audi, all built by robots, have no "soul"... I really believe that the hard working folks who make these things give each of our LRs a bit of character and life. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the gap:

81F-3FDBF332C240-6178-000004EDAC464F39_zps58a3364e.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading more of the thread I have to shake my head. I can't express this more, but LR is such a small company, so old school in so many ways, moving into modern automobile building. Plus, I'm sure half of the people that work there have hang-overs most of the week. These little things are in all LRs... every model. Even my RRS has a few things that aren't perfect. But none of them enough to warrant replacement parts. Defective door seals, yeah, should be fixed, but imperfections in wood, leather stitching etc... not worth ******** about it... because again, these trucks might as well be hand-made... I'm sure next gen, computer/robot made cars will be much better. But for now, we get what we get. And honestly, BMW, Merc, Audi, all built by robots, have no "soul"... I really believe that the hard working folks who make these things give each of our LRs a bit of character and life. Just my 2 cents.
Hey Stephen,

I see your point and it's absolutely true. I sent you an email with some info and pics after I picked up my truck - what do you think?

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635