Defender 130 an LR4 replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-lr4

Reaction score
In regard to interior space and cargo room, the D5 is a better replacement for an LR4 than the 110. The 110 has more front and rear leg room than an LR4 but the rear cargo area is about 30% smaller than the LR4. However, you can pack the rear cargo area to the headliner and flip the switch on the rear view mirror that activates the rear view camera on the roof and that image appears on the rear view mirror.

The 130 will be a better replacement for an LR4 with more cargo room. I still love our LR4 but our 110 simply drives better. No comparison when it comes to on-road handling and agility on a twisty road. Mine has the torque vectoring which certainly helps.

As for engines, no need for the V8. The P400 is more powerful than the LR4 V8. Sounds totally different, but paired with the 8-speed transmission it is plenty quick. Plus you can only get 22" wheels with the V8 since it has larger brakes. 22's would be useless offroad.

I bet many buyers that never go offroad will still buy a D5 for family hauling. Especially now that the D5 has the new front, new I6 engine, Pivi Pro, more AC vents, a shift lever and upgraded interior. Defender interior is very high quality, but clearly more rugged and less luxurious. Plus the Defender is really tall and little kids could have a hard time getting in & out. Thankfully I have not seen any Defenders with running boards yet.

Just received the 2022 spec sheet from my local LR dealer. All the defender V8s (90, 110, carpathian edition) have the 20" wheels as a no cost option (can be had with the factory fit good year all terrains). Not as good as 18s for offroad, but definitely more versatile than the 22 inchers. My issue with the defender V8s is zero roof load capacity , especially given lesser cargo volume than the LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM