Defender 90 Fuel / power problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfgang

Reaction score
My wife Defender 90 is having problems. Some times it will stall while going down hill. Now it wont start for hours at a time. Today she was out driving and is having no power when stepping on the gas. Then it will backfire. Yesterday I chaged the in line fuel filter but that made no difference. Do you have any ideas?
I just went out and revved the engine to 3/4 throttle and it continouisly backfired the whole time.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want some help, give us a lot more information, what year, how many miles on it, tune up history fault codes, octane of gas you burn????????????????????????

wolfgang

Reaction score
This is a 97 defender 90 we burn 85 octane. I maintain the car myself change oil replace plugs etc. My wife is currently stuck at the store right now. When she drives it somewhere and parks it it wont start when she returns. Is there any thing I can tell her to do to get it going?

wolfgang

Reaction score
It used to just stall on downhills when your foot was off the accelator. But in the last 2 days it has been loosing power and not starting after it has been driven. I did replace the inline fuel filter yesterday. That did nort make any difference.

wolfgang

Reaction score
Well she finally got it to start and made it home. Another piece of the puzzle is if you park it after it has been running it will not restart for a couple of hours. Doies anyone have any idea what it might be?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635