Difference between 05/06/07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northcak

Reaction score
Trying to understand the difference between the years of the LR3. Is it performance or durability? Would you advise me not to purchase an 05? Please provide me your opinions as well as suggestions.....

Gracias!!

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
There are guys way more knowledgeable than me here, but my research showed me that one of the biggest differences is that the 3rd row seating became standard in 07 (I believe?) So if the 3rd row is important, make sure to verify on 05's and 06's.
I recently purchased an 05 with low mileage (61K) that qualified as a CPO...so far so good!

northcak

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Would the 05's qualify for the LR Warranty or would I need to get an extended warranty? Looking at 05 with 51,000 miles on it or an 06 with 59,000 miles on it.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
I don't know--it might depend on the dealer.
My Land Rover dealer gave me a 1 year/12K mile warranty with a $100 deductible based on the vehicle history and mileage. He also let me address any issues I found before I took delivery. They also did the 60K mile service as a part of it since the records didn't show that being done yet.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally just bought a used 08. from the people i talked to, they said to stay away from the 05s as they were still working out some kinks with the air suspension etc. 06s a little and shouldnt really worry about it with 07s. that being said, anything can break at anytime. so with a used car a lot goes into the history of the car and how it was driven and cared for.

As far as factory warranty this is my understanding, for it to be certified pre owned (have a warranty). The original purchase limit was 50k miles, if it is under that limit LR dealerships can sell it certified preowned (assuming all else passes) and give you coverage up to 65k. I also think all of the car's transaction history must be with a LR dealership. I think thats right, i could be wrong.

As far as my purchase, I basically looked for one that was fully loaded and in nice condition. I ended up sacrificing on mileage, but for my price range and purpose that seemed fine to me. From my research everyone has said the drivetrains have been reliable. Got to drive it around for the first time today (shipped ebay purchase), everything was great. One thing to look for is the Heavy Duty package, that includes the locking rear diff and a full size spare (a good way to tell if the truck has the HD package). I didnt see it any of the ones i was shopping for and mine doesnt have it.

northcak

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys... Mostly looking in FLA or GA, have seen some real good prices on autotrader and ebay. So if I see an 05 around 50k miles should I shoot for that one or go w/ an 06 with 60k? What would you suggest? Just looking for opinions to help form my own decision...

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a saved search on both those sites and watched them for a couple months. that was a great way to get a feel for what they were going for and what features they had. You can also call LR dealerships with the VIN to look up any service history as well as check for features that may be difficult to understand based on how they are listed online. Other than that, be patient, the more you know, the more confident you will be you made the right decision.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys... Mostly looking in FLA or GA, have seen some real good prices on autotrader and ebay. So if I see an 05 around 50k miles should I shoot for that one or go w/ an 06 with 60k? What would you suggest? Just looking for opinions to help form my own decision...
There is very little difference between the '05 and '06 model years. You should concentrate on mileage, overall condition, and installed options to differentiate between vehicles.

There is no additional concern specifically regarding 2005 LR3s. All issues were addressed, and parts replaced or updated through recall and/or TSB, so they are the mechanical equivalent of newer LR3s.

What price range are you seeing in the market for those years?

northcak

Reaction score
The prices are between 15,995 and 18,995. Some very good prices for virtually low mileage Rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boye1