Disco 5 Brake Light Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ks67gp

Reaction score
Hi all! A little over a month ago I purchased a 2018 discovery Si6 HSE Lux. So far I love it and other than needing a software update have had no issues with it. Recently I noticed that the lights on the tailgate seem to be running lights and serve no other function. So the only brake/ turn signals lights are on the quarters and the third light. I questioned the dealer about this and they confirmed that this is how they operate. The other day I happened to be following another Discovery 5 and when they hit their brakes not only did the quarter lights come on but the tailgate lights did too. So this now makes me question if my brake/ turn signal lights are indeed functioning as intended. Anyone else have this issue or know how the lights are supposed to function??

BeachBug

Reaction score
I am having this exact issue right now with my 2019 DISCO 5 HSE LUX. So glad I’m not losing my mind. There’s no way that the lights across the hatch don’t function as brake lights. I’m thinking it’s the brake switch. Did you ever figure it out?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No brake lights in the tailgate. ( except 3rd brake light)
Just running and reverse indicator lights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV