DLR on a US LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farupp

Reaction score
Hi, hope some one might help. We have a US version of the LR3 and are wondering if there is a way to have DLR operate like they do in Canada. Is this possible?

Thanks.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the option is certainly there in the software. I'm sure a dealer could enable it or if you have a tool like the GAP IID Tool (or perhaps the Nanocomm or similar), you can enable it yourself.

However, just because you enable it in the software doesn't mean it will work. I'm not sure which bulbs are used as the DRL and if we even have those bulbs installed in the US. I seem to recall there were multiple options for the DRLs (i.e. different countries), so perhaps different lights are used in different countries?

If nobody has given you a definite answer and if I remember over the weekend, I can play around with it and see if the low beam bulbs come on as the DRLs when I enable the option in the software.

farupp

Reaction score
Drl

Thanks, cmb6s. My thought was that since Canadian cars have DRLs and they are all part of the NAS market, that there might be a way to enable them on US cars. I do not understand why US market cars are not required to have them, but that is that way it is.

Thanks, again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99