Do you regret keeping it past warranty?

Regret keeping it past warranty?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 penny's to all who complain about reliability, if you can't afford to fix it, you shouldn't have bought it. You don't get luxury without a cost. If you want something cheap to repair, it is also going to have a cheap interior, cheap exterior and crappy drive. Try a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited if you want cheap repair costs.... after a week in that thing you will beg for the expensive LR3 back.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This response doesn't fully sit right with me.

I will agree that on one hand, a person should account for maintenance costs in their decision to purchase one vehicle over another; however, it is fully understandable that someone might ask these questions of the LR3 at this point in their ownership. A few reasons why:

1. The LR3 costs more than most vehicles to maintain.
2. The maintenance costs of the LR3 in particular are only now becoming understood and hence able to be factored into the decisions mentioned above.
3. The poster is at a decision point for an extended warranty.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This response doesn't fully sit right with me.

I will agree that on one hand, a person should account for maintenance costs in their decision to purchase one vehicle over another; however, it is fully understandable that someone might ask these questions of the LR3 at this point in their ownership. A few reasons why:

1. The LR3 costs more than most vehicles to maintain.
2. The maintenance costs of the LR3 in particular are only now becoming understood and hence able to be factored into the decisions mentioned above.
3. The poster is at a decision point for an extended warranty.

^^^^This exactly.

I knew the LR3 would be more $$$ than my Durango (well...maybe not, Durango was going to need a new engine soon, another story), and I didn't expect all the issues with it, but then again I've been pretty lucky over the years with getting trouble free vehicles. Knock on wood.

All in all, I love the LR3, and Land Rovers....I'd rather drive a lemon Land Rover with all the dash lights lite up over a boring, sea foam green Toyota.
:wink:

Don't jinx me on this....but I'm trading it in....

AFTER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY IS UP! (I'll be ready for a change by then, but for now....it's mine to enjoy):biggrin:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go drive one of the new LR4s. They really did a nice job dressing up the interior and the ride is outstandingly smooth and quiet.

I would suggest trading it in. You will get 4 years of warranty and still get to drive a Land Rover.

Rob

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone, but I didnt like the new LR4 interior. I really missed the 10 key stereo and the more utilitarian nature of the LR3. The base model I drove, had some crap in the NAV cubby for show - Id rather have a NAV OR storage than a 3" display and a 6" boarder.

The LR4 just feels a little too nice for mud. What was the last year for black fenders extensions and black mirrors? Id take one of those with low miles first!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go drive one of the new LR4s. They really did a nice job dressing up the interior and the ride is outstandingly smooth and quiet.

I would suggest trading it in. You will get 4 years of warranty and still get to drive a Land Rover.

Rob

Oh I will...when I can get one that's 2 or 3 years old. Let them work the bugs out!

Or I could be the first LR4 to LR3 interior swap? :stupid:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 just feels a little too nice for mud. What was the last year for black fenders extensions and black mirrors? Id take one of those with low miles first![/quote]

I'm with you man! But remember that's what all the D2 guys were saying about our LR3's when they first came out. So I can't cast too many stones:)

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat. My extended warranty is up in January and the mileage is creeping close towards 90k. I was looking at the LR4, but I did not like the redesigned interior at all. It's nice that the updated the materials, but the new infotainment system is annoying and slow (I even like the iDrive better) and the knobs/switches are in odd positions. It's true that I could probably get over those things in a few months, but you have to consider that they just came out and the depreciation hasn't hit yet (big $$$). My LR3 has been pretty solid and the service has been outstanding, so I'm going to stick with another LR definitely. Thinking of going towards the lightly used FFRR route.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...lightly used FFRR would be sweet. LR4 is pretty awesome, really. I don't like the foofy exterior but I DO like the interior. The extra HP can't hurt, either. ...but with all the ruggedizing I've done to my LR3, there is no way I'd switch.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone, but I didnt like the new LR4 interior. I really missed the 10 key stereo and the more utilitarian nature of the LR3

You're not going to hurt my feelings. I remember driving the LR3 back in 2005 and thought it was about the coolest SUV I had ever been in. At the timem I thought the black fenders and front bubmer was a great idea. The interior was very nice and I was really amazed that you could plug a phone number of a business into the NAV system and it would take you there.

5 years later and I still marvel at teh LR3/4 line up. What great packaging! But for me, the LR4 was a no brainer vs. a used LR3. The extra power alone was worth it as well as how quiet the truck is at speed. I can honestly tell you that I think the LR4s interior is as nice looking/feeling as the RRS, ( the center stack is looking a little dated and busy to me). No offence to any RRs owners. I like the clean center area of the LR4, it seems fairly well laid out and simple to use.

As far as the outside, I like what they have done with the grill and head lights. The tail lights are beautifull at night and extreemly bright. I'm still a little on the fence about the LEDs that surround the hi-beam, but who cares I never see them anyway.

I totally understand about the 2-3 year wait on the new LR4. I hope to have a bug free truck, but only time will tell.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4