door dings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

Just curious, since if I buy one it will be my first Land Rover and the first car without the side moldings that act as door ding guards...

How susceptable is the LR3 to parking lot dings? Am I missing something in the door shape/height/design or will it be pretty susceptable to the person who hits the side of an LR3 with their car door?

Thanks for any feedback,
-todd

M

milr3

Body side mouldings are available as a dealer accessory for a reasonable price and look like they should give good protection.

S

simonharper

I had the side rubbing strips fitted to my D3 for this reason... they seen to be in the right place (well for little UK cars anyway). Also make the car look a bit zootier too !

Check out the configuration pages on the LR web site for pics.

-s

T

toddjb123

Thanks for the heads-up. If I buy, I'll definitely have the body side moldings installed ASAP. Price is very fair.

I'd also like to check out the black steel side protection tubes (I like the look of tubes better than running boards). At $605, though, will probably look to see if anyone else makes a set.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99