Fitting D90 with 6.5L GM turbo diesel? Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

clarkcr

I have a '94 Defender and would like it to be diesel. I love diesels always have always will. The thought of that 5-speed tanni in my hand behind that massive turbo-whinning diesel V8 gets me all excited.

If they sell kits to bolt up a Chevy large block v8 then surely they will work with the Allison turbo diesel. No? Help please?

A friendly chap at http://www.65ldiesel.com/catalog/item/26238/324677.htm told me several of you fellows have done this and that this forumn is the place to find help.

Thank you in advance for said help.

Chris
Dallas,TX

Z

zarnd

it is possible, and i have an article in a magazine on how to do it, i will try and find it for you mate

keep us informed with your porgress as well though!

cheers

R

rrodri

If someone found how to do it please share it. I have a Def 110 and old diesel engine just past away. I will fit a GM for the convenience of spares and better performance.
Let me know how to do it.
Thanks.
Raul.

R

rrodri

Thanks, this web has a lot of information.

Does anyone can confirm if i can upgrade (without radical changes) to 4.0 or 4.6 from a 3.9Ltr.

Please tell if just the block or the rest of the accesories can fit for upgrade.

Any experience will be more tan appreciate.

Saludos.
Raul.

D

disco1

I did the upgrade on my 91' from 3.5L to 4.6 without any hassles, however, you will need to invest in a 'chip' (not potato) upgrade to handle the extra fuelling etc.

R

rrodri

Good point, i found a 4.6ltr and i am not sure if you reffer to the original 4.6 vehicle chip in the electronic system or this is an aftermarket chip that needs to be replace on the 3.9 system.
Thanks again.
Raul...

D

disco1

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you have a computer out of a 4.6, this will do the job. If it's out of a 3.9 it won't.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9