Have questions before I buy. (Need help with US Land Rovers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Offroad

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Ryan and I'm 100% new to Land Rover so new in fact I don't own one yet.

However I am in no way new to 4X4's or Off Road.

At the moment my only 4X4 is a 1993 Chevy K5 Blazer Z71 with a 350 V8, 3.45 Gears that I have done a few basic Off Road Mods

Front and rear ARB Air Lockers, an 8k lbs Warn Winch, BF Goodrich Off Road Tires and replacement of anything needing replaced in the suspension after 20 years.

No lift kit as I simply don't find the need. Now for why I joined this site and the help I feel I can get here.

I love my Blazer and I plan to keep it however like most 1/2 Ton 4x4 trucks it's overly Tall and wide for most trails and since I don't like Jeeps I'm left with a Land Rover or a Toyota Land Cruiser.

So this is what I'm searing for.

A model that has an availability of ARB off Road Parts.

A model that can be fitted with a Safari Snorkel. (If not just for the look of having one)

A model that does not need to be overly lifted to do most things off road.

A model that is 2003 or older (It's a cost thing)

A model that had high sales in the US (For parts availability)

I know all to well a Defender would be great but I live in the US and they are not that common under 10k so I'm really left with a Range Rover or a Discovery

Since I really like that classic Discovery look can anyone give me a few thoughts on if they fit my needs or of a better option?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635