for those with the vision assist option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chinochulo

Reaction score
Hi,

long-time lurker....going back and forth between a used G500 and new LR4, but I think even though the G500 will be more mechanically reliable in the long run, the 7 passenger configuration in the LR4 will win out. So I am looking to order a 2012 HSE with vision assist (really only to get the xenons), climate control, and heavy-duty packages. My question for those with 2011s and 2012s with vision assist--have the surround camera problems (blue screens) surfaced in your new vehicles (or re-surfaced after repair, and if so, how many times before the problem went away)?

Should I forego the xenons altogether just to avoid vision assist surround camera problems? Anyone using the surround camera at all for more than just fun? Also, is the front camera located in the bumper--if I ever get an aftermarket bumper in the future (or if ARB makes one for NA-spec LR4s), I don't want to lose the function of the front camera after having paid for it.

thanks

dougdep

Reaction score
Hi,

long-time lurker....going back and forth between a used G500 and new LR4, but I think even though the G500 will be more mechanically reliable in the long run, the 7 passenger configuration in the LR4 will win out. So I am looking to order a 2012 HSE with vision assist (really only to get the xenons), climate control, and heavy-duty packages. My question for those with 2011s and 2012s with vision assist--have the surround camera problems (blue screens) surfaced in your new vehicles (or re-surfaced after repair, and if so, how many times before the problem went away)?

Should I forego the xenons altogether just to avoid vision assist surround camera problems? Anyone using the surround camera at all for more than just fun? Also, is the front camera located in the bumper--if I ever get an aftermarket bumper in the future (or if ARB makes one for NA-spec LR4s), I don't want to lose the function of the front camera after having paid for it.

thanks

i have the 2012 LR4 HSE Lux with vision assist. for an extra $1200 bucks i think its work it. i do tow with my lr4 so it will come in handy. also like the adaptive front headlights. the 2 front camers are located in the front bumper on either side of where the license plate is mounted.

chinochulo

Reaction score
vision assist problems

Thanks doug,
no blue screens or problems with the surround cameras so far?

dougdep

Reaction score
Thanks doug,
no blue screens or problems with the surround cameras so far?

well, i only have 200 miles on the car. picked it up two weeks ago. but so far so good. fingers crossed. i have played around quite a bit with the camers and all seem to work as designed. alternating views on the screen while driving is actually pretty cool. should come in handy when towing. i know in my 2006 range rover i always had gremlins. hopefully not this time around.

Daniel Hull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 with VA and about 7000 miles on it. I did see a blue screen on a couple of the cameras the first day I owned it, and on 1 camera 1 time since then, but that is it. In both cases the blue screens went away the next time I went into the vision screen.

Other than impressing people, the main benefits I get from the cameras:
- better guidance for reversing...provides the lines and an improved view. As big as this vehicle is, this is really helpful
- making sure I'm centered in parking situations
- for off-roading, the front cameras give you a sightline on steep hills, while the side cameras can help with wheel placement. In rocky terrain I like to zoom in on the passenger front wheel as much as possible. Also good on shelf roads to show you how close you are getting to the edge. Of course once they get mud on them they aren't much help.

dipan

Reaction score
I have a 2011 with Vision Assist. About 10000 miles not a single camera issue. I don't use them much though (besides the backup camera).

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 with Vision Assist. The blue screen has popped up a few times, but hardly at all. It goes away very quickly. I haven't used the surround cameras too many times, but it's possible they could come in handy.

The adaptive xenons and the rear camera tram lines are both fantastic and extremely useful.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have it but I wish I did. I pull my boat a lot and I envy those who have it! I have heard only good things about it. $1200 in my opinion worth it.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen the blue screen twice but it went away the next time I started the LR4. I use the trailer view when towing. I love the adaptive headlights. I think it is worth the $1200 investmentt.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with vision assist if you can. I had the blue screens, but the dealer repaired them in a day and they've been flawless since. Since your asking, I think you'll regret not getting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72