Ford ESP Premium care Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be quite honest when I compared the two warranties the LR one didn't come close to the Ford ESP. In fact the service manager recommended the ESP over the LR one. He said they hardly ever get push back from the ESP adjusters vs. the LRNA guys.

The prices you quote are outrageous no matter how you try to explain it away. Are those LR warranty quotes or Ford ESP? If it's the ESP, then they must have changed price points.

For me, the warranty was $3500 for another 4 yrs/50K. It covers everything...EVERYTHING (too include the suspension bags).

Unless you are full of sh-t, which I don't think you are, your research and experience so far sounds very good. I'm going to ask my service guy about the Ford warranty today.

Yes, those prices were the lrna supplied version from Fidelity:
Fidelity Warranty ServiceS, inc.
500 Jim moran Boulevard
deerField Beach, Fl 33442
www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com

Specifically not included in the highest coverage Platinum is stated "shock absorbers". What I love is that lame terminology applies to anything in the system, not just dampers/shocks and would presumably not cover our air suspension bags or other aspects.

xconcepts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a warrenty for my 05 that goes Jan 2011. I called the company I have currently(fidelity) and was quoted at just below 6K. Tried the Zurich and was quoted the same amount.

Called 3 different dealers in 3 states, FL was 36K-2950, 48K-3400. AZ was 48K-2900 and TX is 48K-2785.

Last edited:

LR3_Virgin

Reaction score
just purchased the ford ESP Warranty, i originally went directly to the ford website, www.fordespwarranty.com and priced the warranty directly on the site, they send you a discount code for $195 and i started to comparison price. i also found a 3rd party dealer that was selling a warranty from a place i never heard of, the thing i loved about it was that they were willing to go 6 years out from the time you sign the contract (today) i have an 08 LR3, the ford plan will only go out 6 years from day your car was in service, for me it was a difference of 17 months, small difference in price, but i really wanted the time, then i checked the internet and found this site, www.fordfactoryplans.com the person i dealt with is michael case, 888-324-3464, he was great, i was able to quote over the internet, save $600 took the policy right away. i didn't want to take the policy without first talking to him to ensure that i was purchasing the same policy, and there was not errors in the pricing engine. i really wanted the extra time and was contemplating going with the 3rd party vendor, but my father-in-law kept chirping in my ear, "what if they go out of business, what if they deny a claim, what if they bust your chops", i just couldn't live with the fact if i went against the grain, and there was an issue, i would hear him and his 2 cents forever. my final price $1740 for 7 years (an additional 3 years (60k miles), with $0 deductable. hope this info helps the next person, good luck.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an amazing price with amazing terms! I didn't follow the link to compare but I can only assume it's as good as the Ford ESP?

If so, I spent about $1200 too much.

LR3_Virgin

Reaction score
buckeye- i purchased the fordESP warranty, remember all i purchased was an additional 3 years ( they go 7 years out from the 1st day) and i only purchased the 60k miles, which means i purchased an additional 10k miles from original factory factory, the next step up was 75k for an additional 25k miles coverage for an additional $700, but i drive so little that i calculated the mileage and i can average 7800 miles a year and still be under warranty (i average 6k miles a year), i was most concerned about time. its just that this dealer Michael, had a great rate on the Ford ESP program, 20% cheaper than buying directly from Ford. Plus i purchased the $0 deductible. I was torn about the 3rd party warranty for the additional time, the 6 year program starting today the day contract is signed (extends me out an additional 17 months from the Ford ESP and additional 15k miles (i needed the mileage for the additional time), that was being quoted as $2900, versus the $1740 i paid, plus the fact i had to deal with 3rd party warranty (made me a little nervous). Regarding the Ford ESP warranty if i were to purchase the additional miles (75k, next level) the price was going to jump to $2400 with $0 deductible. hope this helps.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told much better $ from Land Rover Cary NC so they must be selling a different backed warranty than the dealer in Seattle. I'll look into it more.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!
So I purchased the Ford ESP 7 yr /100k warranty with a $100 deduct. I was on a trip when my vehicle turned 50k and my Factory warranty expired. At 51,328 miles and took my vehicle in to have some of the issues addressed that I really had wanted to be covered under my factory warranty. That visit ended up costing $4,454.39 and I had to take it in 5 days later for separate repairs. The repaired expenses totaled $6,162.69 minus my $2,570 cost and $427.38 (2 copay-deductibles and uncovered software updates) So far I am $3,165.31 ahead.
I am SOOOOO glad I got this extended warranty, and I have a lot of time and mileage still remaining.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kirzza91.. so what was wrong.. thats one expensive repair bill

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rear passenger door latch replaced. There was internal damage in my front differential-they replaced front diff...The usual cracked sunroof rails- replaced, a faulty suspension compressor- replaced, phone module was causing problems- replaced, and turn signal issues (faulty switch)- replaced...

jtrain

Reaction score
I bought ford warranty last year, this year my radiator broke. I tow my car to land rover dealer, ESP warranty pay for repairs with no questions asked. They send me money for towing in one week, so far this warranty works for me. You can take your car to any workshop, but before they fix your car they need to call ESP and get authorization number to make sure you are not responsible for the bill .
thanks

Hi. Getting ready buy a Ford ESP warranty. Are you still having a good experience with the warranty? Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo