Front end suspension deflates/inflates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Learth

Reaction score
Hello, I noticed recently that every time I start my LR3 the front end suspension inflates. That must mean that it's deflating as I'm driving or after I park.

There is no load in the car other than the driver.

I also noticed a rough landing occassionally when the front end rolls off the end of the driveway as I am backing out into the street. It's kind of a feeling of a 'thud' if that makes sense. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well; you have left lots of options on the table. A common test people do, is to disconnect the battery negative post overnight, and in the morning, look to see what is sagging, ie: front, rear, one wheel in particular, etc.

It is normal to have "some" leakdown when parked, but not to the bump stops. It matters if all four are sagging, or just front or rear for example. I will include here a link to a picture of another fellow who is having this problem.

This is a popular issue, many have reported valve block(s) issues. There is one near the compressor with is supposed to prevent backflow to the compressor. Some others have reported air bag leaks, or pipe leaks.

It would appear that if the rear is sinking evenly, then perhaps the valve block controlling the rear is defective. Some say you can also listen for the leak if you have a keen ear.

In the diagram provided the rear block is #12. Rover Parts West

Example: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2yUUepOdDJI/Tc_ktsd0qVI/AAAAAAAACT0/DVKCRMv2PLc/s1600/9480919.jpg

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like leveling to me, I have zero leakage but mine does this same thing sometime. Also the driveway thump sounds like the control arm bushings getting old and stiff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72