Fuse wiring diagram 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to locate the potential fuse locations for the accessory power outlet near the drivers console. I read on LR3 there are several but havent found LR4 info yet. right now my cigar lighter works but not power next to it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Owner's Manual indicates fuse # 63 for the front accessory power socket, fuse # 55 for center and cargo sockets and fuse # 53 for the cigar lighter. All 3 fuses are 20 Amp (yellow color.) Although mine is a 2013, I imagine fuses and respective numbers haven't changed since 2010. All are within the passenger compartment fuse box (behind the lower glove box.)

PS: A label showing fuse numbers and location within the fuse box should be visible on the back of the glove box when you open it to "Service" position to access the fuses back there.

PPS: Hope you have tiny Cinderella hands...

Last edited:

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I checked and the first thing I believe is that they had the cigar lighter in the wrong spot. I believe the cigar lighter is next to the driver. That is the one that is inoperable. I checked the fuse for the cigar lighter as well as the accessory fuse. Both have continuity and are not corroded or otherwise damaged. That being said the cigar lighter power socket still does not work. I am not sure how to proceed other than to pull the console up and check the actual wires connecting to it. I'd really rather not have to do that. Any suggestions?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cigar lighter is indeed the one next to the driver's right knee (on LHD vehicles... if you have a RHD, disregard :wink:), the remaining sockets are for accessory 12V power only. If the cigar lighter is the one not operating, insure the problem is really with the socket and not with the device / charger you are trying to plug in. Because that particular socket is designed to accept a (duh!) cigar lighter, it doesn't always play nice with phone chargers, power cords, etc., which normally work just fine in the remaining 3 sockets in the car (which were not designed as cigar lighters and are designed differently inside.) The cigar socket will work eventually as a source of 12V power, but it will sometimes require quite a bit of plug twisting and pushing before you get juice flowing to whatever it is that you are trying to power.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely dead. Tested with my meter. It won't heat the lighter either.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you get to the back side of socket and check wire for voltage on wire behind socket?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635