GForce Performance chip for Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philbhayes

Reaction score
I came across an on line ad for a GForce Performance chip for LR Discovery that claims to ad 60 hp and increase 4 - 7 mpg. It plugs into the AIT sensor and is then able to reprogram the ECU to improve performance. Has anyone tried this device and can report their experience? For $70 money back guarantee it sounds good. Maybe too good to be true. Would there be any harm to engine or electronics to try it?

Last edited by a moderator:

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of my thoughts over the last 50yrs of messing with engines - $10 per HP is a good rule.

$200 for headers, maybe 20-25hp incr.
$200 for a cam set - same

So if I thought for an instant, Other than nitrous, there was a magic pill, I'd be on it.

I bet it says - UP TO 60hp.

The AIT sensor tells your computor if it's cold out, requiring more fuel for the denser air.

If this thing worked, In the winter, I'd make 60hp more - BUT WAIT!! I'd also get up to 7mpg increase!!

Nice to read about, but I'd walk away from it.

luck,greg

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the post above. After some searching around I can't find any information on these working well in rovers. If they were so great, there would probably be many folks reporting here.

Also, you have a rover, so it really is not going to be that fast, even with a little extra HP.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My grandpa says that his friend invented a carburator that got 200 miles per gallon but the oil companies bought the patent and refuse to allow production.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9