Greetings from CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New owner of a 2007 LR3 HSE - Chawton/Alpaca w/ 116k (No HD package sadly).

It's service history is lengthy and impressive, so hopefully only have to worry about regular maintenance (or whatever breaks early). Tons of big-ticket items done recently though!

Love this truck so far - always wanted a LR - so this will tide me over till I can get the Defender 110! Or RRC . . . or all of the above? :proud:

Been doing my research - gotta love the internet for us DIY guys!
Already got my compressor rebuild kit, with new desiccant - and will clean/refresh the valve blocks/o-rings too - got the latest NAV DVD - need to fix the left rear heated seat - will get the IID tool as soon as my previous car sells.

Will need new tires soon - hoping to replace with 18" 5-spokes (satin black) with upsized tires. Probably add on-board air too. Maybe ditch the running boards for some slider bars - better function/look and can still step on them.

The worst part so far is piecing back the missing items that "should have" come with the truck - 2nd key, loadspace cover, hitch/wiring, Rosen dummy AUX plug, fuse pullers (really), rack crossbars - I did get a decent Owner's Manual set from eBay already. I am **** and sell my cars in perfect condition, with everything right down to the window sticker/etc. Why can't others share my extremely considerate quality? :stupid:

Looking forward to taking it camping with my wife/son when he is older!
Let's make this thing last till 216k+!

Doug

Attachments

• IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    646.4 KB · Views: 26

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Congrats. I'm new as well. (My intro is the one directly below yours.). My first Land Rover and I'm pretty excited about getting it. I have lots to learn.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... nice rover.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo

Just read about the front diff breather tube .. And mine has the old style.

Ordering the new piece right now.

But now I am pretty disappointed that it was never updated, as this rover was exclusively (and often) serviced by the same dealer since birth. The previous owner went as far as replacing lower control arms, changing diff/TC even trans fluids early.

Why in the world would such a tiny inexpensive part (a TSB no less) not be changed?!

Ok rant over .. Still love the truck. Just hope my front diff doesn't explode!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM