Greetings from Dubai

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

Sheran

Hello All!

I purchased a 2004 Discovery yesterday and have hence entered the world of Land Rover and also off roading. I'm a complete newbie to both having only owned cars for the past 7 years.

I live & work in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and picked RWO as there seem to be a lot of nice & helpful people here. Hope to learn a lot and make a few friends. I'll try and get a few photos posted in the gallery as soon as I get around to taking them.

Bye for now,
Sheran

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you could join us.... I was in Dubai back in 1991... spent about a week there. Nice shopping and great food.

S

Sheran

Thanks for the welcome. A lot has changed since 1991, you will probably not believe you were in the middle of the desert. Shopping and food are still good. Recent gas price hike sucks, though :)

D

disco1

Gas price hikes in Dubai? I think the world is coming to an end!

S

Sheran

Heh heh. It may well be! At least that's how it feels to all the gas guzzler owners! It was a 31% increase and now I have to plan my trips carefully. No more whimsical trips to the store just because I forgot something. I'm used to watching not only my Tach & Speedo needles in action, but my fuel gauge as well (I had a chevy 5.7l V8 before the Disco), but it still hurts when I have to fill up!

D

disco1

If you'd put the 5.7L in the Disco instead, the adrenalin would have numbed the pain. :biggrin:

D

discoinjapan

I also was there in 91, about 5 times until 94. I sure do miss those Gyros.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635