hdc faults when car is cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syjpierce

Reaction score
I have a 2005 lr3 82k miles. I live in cold weather. Lately the car has been displaying HDC fault, suspension fault, engine light on and a giant F by the mileage display. The car will not speed up like normal but it very slow to get even up to 50 mph. Once the engine is warm, I can turn it off and back on again and it behaves normally. My Land Rover mechanic just put a new battery in that is suppose to help with the cold. Any ideas? Losing my marbles.

Last edited:

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The giant F means there's a fault with the gear shift module.
You need to have the DTCs checked.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attached is a relevant clip of transmission descriptions from the manual describing yet another overcomplicated LR system. Did you know the transmission receives signals from the steering position sensor to prohibit changes of gears in a curve? Just wow. Anyway I'm pretty sure I had an F on the dash when my shifter selecter assembly had issues and needed a connector replaced. That would be more likely IMO than a bad control module or something mechanical. I agree with Rover Range that you need the codes but pulling that shift selector assembly and looking for corroded connector pins would be a good first start. In my unit a couple of the connector pins were so corroded that they broke when I tried to clean them. I took out the circuit board and a local electronics repair shop was able to order the whole connector and resoldered it for like $75 and I have not had a transmission issue in a couple of years and I have 250k running on the original transmission and fluid. Knock on wood.

Attachments

• Transmission Break Out.pdf
    431.7 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV