Headliners.... why are they always beige or a version of boring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly, at one point gravity must have just been tuned off in my LR4 because there is a little, very faint after the detail, stain from a drink in my headliner that makes absolutely no sense at all.

I have thought about this before and if I could change one thing about my LR4 it would be the headliner. I love the beige, Almond seats but it’s getting pretty old having to check my hands for dirt every time I want to put my Sunvisor down.

I will say I think the headliner on my car goes well with the rest of the interior.

The only downside to the light colored headliners is when a passenger manages to defeat gravity and get a stain on the headliner... not sure how that happens.....

Last edited:

Kristina

Reaction score
Mine is a 2011 HSE Metropolis, so Ivory headliner. I’ve yet to find a good product to remove those inevitable smudges.

Asilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a guy on Instagram who painted his headliner, visors, a-pillars, handles and roof mounted controls black. I’m not sure what type of paint/ dye was used but it looked like it came out pretty nice. He pretty much lives out of that car, so it would be interesting to see how it holds up.

Go to “New Build II” to see the story

https://instagram.com/kasper.hoglund?igshid=17djde8ct7ckq

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly, at one point gravity must have just been tuned off in my LR4 because there is a little, very faint after the detail, stain from a drink in my headliner that makes absolutely no sense at all.

I may be able to explain this one for you...one very cold (-24) morning in VT I went out to start our LR4 only to find some strange brown slush all over the front seats, dashboard and headliner. My first thought was that the roof cracked and leaked, but that wasn't it. Then I saw the can of Diet Coke my wife left in the cupholder with the lid split in half and some brown slush still inside. Apparently Diet Coke expands quite a bit when frozen to -24 degrees.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be able to explain this one for you...one very cold (-24) morning in VT I went out to start our LR4 only to find some strange brown slush all over the front seats, dashboard and headliner. My first thought was that the roof cracked and leaked, but that wasn't it. Then I saw the can of Diet Coke my wife left in the cupholder with the lid split in half and some brown slush still inside. Apparently Diet Coke expands quite a bit when frozen to -24 degrees.
Dude!! Hahahahahaha. So true. Happened to me with a can of Red Bull. So funny. I know the feeling.
Damn.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
I think they may have intentionally used light colors to make the interior feel much bigger and have a more airy feel in conjunction with the panoramic sunroof. Why don't you try purchasing a cheap black fabric, double stick velcro and temporarily attach the black fabric to the headliner and see if it changes the ambience inside the vehicle. This may help you decide whether to switch to a darker headliner or stick with the lighter colored one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV