Headliners.... why are they always beige or a version of boring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously. This has bothered me forever in every vehicle I have owned.

Grey LR4 , black leather interior, ******* beige headliner.

What colors are all your headliners? I at one time was looking into custom, but then the conversation went from tasteful mods to the interior to **** my Ride real quick, so I am still stuck with that damn beige over our heads.

Cheers,
Adrien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? The black interiors don't have a black headliner?

My interior is the tan/brown color and I also have the light beige/tan headliner.

Maybe they're all the same.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? The black interiors don't have a black headliner?

My interior is the tan/brown color and I also have the light beige/tan headliner.

Maybe they're all the same.
Exactly! My black interior has a beige headliner. Totally works with the beige interior, but with the black, not so much (my opinion).

From a visual / design standpoint, lighter colors open up small areas, so it may be a thing across most brands. Make the cabs look that much bigger....

Come to think of it, I don’t think I have ever seen a dark / black headliner except in 911’s and greater (supercars, super lux etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say I think the headliner on my car goes well with the rest of the interior.

The only downside to the light colored headliners is when a passenger manages to defeat gravity and get a stain on the headliner... not sure how that happens.....

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beige headliner sucks and shows dirt/smudges and I hate it. That's all I have to say about that. I wish it were grey/brown/black/anything but beige.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a black headliner on my ridgeline black edition. Not a fan on that truck. I’ll stick with my retirement home beige headliner and black interior on the lr4 thanks.
I just wish it didn’t mark as easily. Grubby toddler handprints everywhere.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
My headliner is starting to sag like old fun bags. I think it's pointless to change the color to black with all the beige "oh crap" handles, sun visors, A/B/C pillars, lights, trims, etc... Would be nice to have grey or black to match the rest of the black interior and piano black trims.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 'Landmark'- 'Ebony Windsor' (black seats, I'm sure of that), with 'Light Oyster Morzine' (****) headliner, whatever TF that is? It looks light grey/off-white not beige to me, but my wife says I'm color blind...probably true. Black lacquer veneer/trim. Overall I'm happy with it.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about this also but never to the point of wanting to do anything about it. However, IF my headliner ever started sagging I’d replace it right away. I’m thinking something in a neutral shade with a very subtle topo pattern would look good. This would not get away from the primary gripe of a nondescript color, but it would add some understated style.

My headliner is starting to sag like old fun bags.

****!!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that dropping the headliner is rather difficult. My roof antenna was leaking and they had to drop the headliner to replace it. It is fabric affixed to a thin shell that is very fragile. Very easy to crack it if not supported my multiple people. Plus many of the clips break off and there is the challenge of not getting dirty hand prints on it. Or maybe that was just the dealer justifying about $500 in labor to replace the roof antenna.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM