heated steering wheel - is it supposed to be lukewarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a lukewarm steering wheel when the heating element is turned on. It is not even close to how toasty warm my Range Rover heated steering wheel would get. Is this normal operating behavior?

Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting question. I wonder if they decreased the heat on the 2013 LR4 because my 2011 felt a lot hotter than my 2013. Mine is definitely warmer than "lukewarm", but feels cooler than on my 2011.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine doesn't get "toasty" warm either. Warm yes, but just enough to feel it. I like it like that, actually. This is my first heated steering wheel so I have nothing to compare it to, but if it got any warmer it would probably bother me.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is lukewarm as well. I spent a few days with a 2013 and it was the same thing. The steering wheel of the Evoque gets really hot in comparison.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Mine warms very hot and I need to use gloves to protect my hands!! Lol, I have LR4 2012 btw.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 13 seems to heat up pretty well at first and then it lowers the heat a little. I like the temp. I wouldn't like it much hotter. I have to turn mine off after an hour or so.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My2010 feels hot sometimes and other times it is Luke warm. I wonder if outside temp has anything to do with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99