Heavy duty package or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rrlr4

Reaction score
Have a choice between a 2016 lr4 silver edition 25k miles and the HEAVY DUTY PACKAGE or a landmark edition with 18k miles and no heavy duty.

Never owned an lr4....love them tho. But Im trading in a fully paid off honda pilot that ive had since new for a used 2016 lr4 with a payment...am I crazy?

Thanks in advance for any wise advise!

CamelToephy

Reaction score
Heavy Duty package gives you a 2-speed transfer case, locking rear differential (that you can't control) and a full size spare. These are all useful if you plan on doing any offroading. If you know it's going to not see much more than the occasional unpaved road I'd get the landmark edition over the HD. Other situation I can think of desiring the HD package is if you towed a lot, the low range can be useful.

Meowsdauer

Reaction score
If you want to do serious offroading, take the HD package! If you might take it on the dirt here and there, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rrlr4

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I went with the HD package! Im so excited to learn everything it has to offer! Im still confused by what the silver edition gave me....?

Im also looking for a decent beefy looking tire that I can use for everyday driving...suggestions?

Meowsdauer

Reaction score
If you want to put that HD package to good use, you should swap out the wheels for 18-inchers. If you're going to stick to 19s, the Continental Contact Terrain ATs are good.

https://www.americastire.com/buy-tires/continental-terrain-contact-a-t/p/32278

They're somewhat aggressive looking. More than the pictures show.
31c842c3b553896cddb75b8cf8c7eafd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

DaJammer

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I went with the HD package! Im so excited to learn everything it has to offer! Im still confused by what the silver edition gave me....?

Im also looking for a decent beefy looking tire that I can use for everyday driving...suggestions?

From my understanding, the Silver Editions came out mid way through the 2016 model year and are designated as 2016.5's. Being this was the last year of LR4 production, Land Rover basically were raiding their parts bin and included items that make up this package to get rid of excess inventory in preparation for the new Disco 5.

Mine is a 2016.5 Silver Edition and the window sticker reads as follows:

"Silver Edition Package (Retail Value $6500)
Vision assist package (adaptive headlamps, auto high beam assist, blind spot monitoring w/ closing vehicle sensing & reverse traffic detection, surround camera system with tow assist, tow hitch assist and T junction view), 825 watt Meridian surround sound premium audio, Sirius XM & HD radio, in-control apps, 20" 5 split spoke wheels."

Price for all this is shown as $2200.

At the time I really could care less if this package was included in my build or not as the must-have package for me was HD. Since then, I've grown to appreciate several of the package features and am glad I have them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72