Hello everyone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudirover

Reaction score
hi, I am a Land Rover owner since 1973. I started with a L88 model, equipped with safari roof (double roof), 4 cyl engine, 3 doors, 3 spare mounts. it was a slow vehicle, but I could take it almost everywhere.

Presently I drive a 99 series II Disco. white, brush guard, 19 inch wheels. I get 17.5 MPG and I change my oil every 25 thousand miles. I have been using 100% synthetic lubrication in all of my vehicles. with great results.

I think I will have to go to Europe to buy me the last of the defender 90 or 110 series, since they are going to change the body to look like a KIA Soul. (bad taste in design)

LR as we know are going to be things of the past. If something is not broken... don't fix it.

I am thinking on a new disco 4 (LR4) but I am hearing bad reports on the maintenance side and I am AMAZED to read that actually people pays $200 for an oil change! Are they nuts?

I think the LR4 have wheels that are too small to match the body. it should have 20/22 inch rims with good threads, not high performance tires.

Oh well, this is me, just another LR owner with an opinion.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defender 90 or 110's will always be a classic design. I pretty much agree with everything you have said. You have good taste in rovers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM