Hello From the Foothills of the Sierra Mountains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ahero4all

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Enthusiast

Recently purchased a 1999 Rover 4.0 with 141k....Black with Dark Grey Hides...acquired it for $3400.00

2 owner history and well maintained...new battery, radiator, spring conversion kit, water pump, fan, fan clutch, spark plugs, and wires. have all mantainance records on vehicle. has 2 Kenwood tvs...

Has a few issues and I could use some advice..

I have also owned a
1995 4.0 that was owned by Eddy Van Halen
1997 4.o that was a beater but sold for $7500 on the Big island of Hawaii
1995 LWB that was super clean but drank gas like I have never seen..:eek:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum.

Ahero4all

Reaction score
Your wealth of knowledge is appreacited

Hey Joey...

appears you are one of the go to member's on this site..already thinking I might send my stereo out for repair..the lcd is gone..

I have a few issues and most likely should post in another forum however, it appears you have the knowledge and advice I am searching for..

My Rover has been well maintained however,

the check engine light came, after scanning, the code was AMFR Correction at Maximum negative valve ..the check engine light was turned off and as of yet, has not come back on....could it be an issue of elevation? it had been at a 5k elevation and now it is at a 3k elevation..the fuel filter was changed 30k ago..

other than running a fuel cleaner through the system...could it be a oxygen sensor?

also, could you recommend any preventive maintenance at 140K

Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9