Hello from Va. everybody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello fello Rover people,

Just wanted to say hello, and voice my outrage at the state of Virginia failing my Rovers safety inspection because I have the factory protection package installed and it has the head light and rear light protection ( keep in mind this is only about 1/8" flat bar grilling) The state police told me it has to be removed due to the fact that it reduces light output. I then being a smart ass told the state trooper that a stick or log or any other piece of crap hitting my head light and distroying it would also reduce light ooutput! I then asked if this is illegal in this state how is the dealer able to have it installed on there vehicals on there lots and also sell the parts? His reply was as long as the vehicals are not on the road it is not our problem. I then stated that the dealer provides a state inspection on all of there cars including the ones with this illegal stuff how is that not your problem? He was pretty ****** at me and told me I had to remove it and then left. :hmpf:

Attachments

• 1999 disco 1.JPG
    1999 disco 1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 14

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... find another inspection station. The ***** you were dealing with was an idiot.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the truck to 3 other places and they said the same thing. I have decided to take them off and get it inspected. and as soon as I get home I am putting them back on! Virginia can kiss my light guards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM