Hello! New to the forum, have a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
AaronATX said:
Unfortunately I am in austin texas, but thank you for the genorosity! I would very much like to take you up on your offer for the seat switch bits if you wouldnt mind. I'll send you an email. Thanks again, very very kind!

Hey Aaron I have a 1998 LE as well. I also have a few friends in Austin who will be more than happy to help you with extra or after-market parts. In fact I think Rene has a 96 and a 98 Disco but am not for sure. If you are ever in a bind send an email and I can get you two together. I am in Dallas a great deal but I sure love the Salt Lick outside of Austin! Yummy!

P

patmccrotch

AaronATX said:
Factory stereo questions: If I decide to keep the car, the factory system will have to go. The door speakers have proved impossible to replace with anything aftermarket as they are a special thin design that fits in the door. Anyone know of either a speaker that fits or a good place to get a used one for cheaper? Also, i'd like to remove the 6 disk changer and factory head unit, but I cannot find a diagram for the pinouts on the unit. Anyone know if anyone makes an adapter harness for the amps and speakers or will I have to do it from scratch?

I have the same question. I've gone through, replaced the head unit in my 2001 disco II and added an amp & sub, but those 4 inchers in the top of the door have now blown (i assume they are 4"). I went to one stereo shop that told me my only option was to disconnect them as I will keep blowing the factory ones and there are no aftermarket speakers that will fit.

Pleeeeeeeeease tell me someone has figured out a way around this.

L

Lendawg

I'm sorry, I haven't figured a way around this. I have an additional question:
Isn't the factory security system wired through the factory stereo?

P

patmccrotch

not on the 2001 disco, at least not that i know of. i wired around the harmon kardon amp, pulled the deck, put the new one in w/out reprocussion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV