Hello there...currently pondering my first Land Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

andozane

Hello everyone. I did my searching and found this forum, it seems to be the most populated of the Land Rover boards.

I currently don't own a Land Rover. I drive an '05 Nissan Maxima, which is a great car. But, frankly, being a home owner and living in the Pacific NW, I have realized my trunk just isn't big enough to buy larger items, and my trips to the mountain , well, don't happen because I don't like to drive my car up there...

So a friend of mine when seeing that I was looking at SUV's said I should check out the LR3.

To be honest, I'm not sure I can actually afford one, but I have a tendency to pay more $$$ for quality then less $$$ for something I will have to replace...

So I have a few questions for this crowd...

The LR3 is obviously the "low" model. But, in the case of Land Rover does the LR3 lose its quality over the upper models? i.e. If you have ever driven a BMW 3 series, and then a 5 or 7 series, there is a VAST difference in the quality. The 3 series is barely (if at all) a step up from a Jetta, yet the 5 and 7 series are a huge leap above. Is there the same gap between quality of the LR3 and its bigger brothers?

With my want of something to spend more money on and get quality...do you think it applies to the LR3? Do you think there are other SUV's out there that I can compare it with? The 4Runner/Sequoia crowd, the Armada, and all the domestic (meaning US Car companies) SUV's are generally cheaper then the LR3. Will I be getting my money's worth? I'm looking at the SE, with a few options, I figure it will come in around $48k.

Also, when buying a Land Rover, is it true the normal price discussion doesn't apply? You know, the normal go into dealer, they say a price, you say no, they lower it, you say no, they lower it...that whole scenario? Or, are their prices fixed and that is all there is to it?

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy first post. I appreciate feedback and look forward to hearing your responses.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4