Help to decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredevoque

Reaction score
Hi there,
I need to find out a way to help me decide!
I got range rover evoque 2014 last October
I paid 1000 on batteries
6000 on chains
200 on fuel sensors
And now 2000 on fuel systems

I’m between keeping it as I really took good care of! Or it will be a thing spending thousands every couple of months!

Or trading for another car with fewer maintenance and costs!
How to find out which way to go

Thanks

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The timing chain is a big ticket item that probably needs to be replaced once during the life of the car, but you shouldn't have to do it again. The fuel system seems to be the same. Your two biggest items aren't regular and routine maintenance but major swap outs that, once again, should hold for the remaining life of the vehicle.

The battery and sensor are more consumable items. You expect to have to replace the battery or to have a sensor go bad over the course of driving your vehicle. I have no idea why a battery would set you back $1,000. That doesn't make any sense to me. It's one thing to say "It's a Land Rover" and try to justify it that way, but a $1,000 battery seems unjustifiable.

There are two or three remaining items I can think of off the top of my head that could go bad and set you back a large amount of money - transmission and engine (and possibly the ECU). You would be spending thousands of dollars (if not tens of thousands) to replace those items. I would want to keep the vehicle due to all the sunk costs, but if I wasn't confident in the transmission, engine, or electronics, I'd probably tap out before I threw good money after bad.

alldazed

Reaction score
I’m not sure where you take it for work but sounds like you have spent ALOT of money on it. I see you are in Toronto. I have heard good things about Westminster motors in North York. I haven’t been there personally as I do my own work but they have been mentioned on this forum and and I have spoken to people at the British car days about them. They could at least give you an idea of common issues and come up with a proactive plan to help you decide to keep it or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut