Help with Disco Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royal_8

Reaction score
i currently own a 2006 LR3. but i guess i dont have the guts yet to go beat it up off-roading it just yet. :smile: so ive been looking into purchasing a Disco 2 SE7. im fairly new to Land-Rovers, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. first, what would be the best years to look into and why. secondly, if you guys had to purchase a Disco 2 which one would you consider and why. any pros and cons ? i try to do some search but couldnt find anything specific. just want to make sure im purchasing something good before i go rushing off and spending the money for it. :proud: i was reading in one of the threds that Disco prior to 2002 are sought out for more than others. is that true and why? i apoligize for the millions of questions. just dont want my excitment to rush me off and purchase something i shouldnt have. :biggrin: by the way, the reason im looking in to a disco 2 se7, is because im looking for a good daily driver, but also a rig i can go have fun with off roading on the weekends. thanks to all who reply. :biggrin:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make it easier on us, what is your price range and what exactly do you want to do with it, be specific?

Royal_8

Reaction score
well im looking for a daily driver but also a weekend warrior. something i can have fun with off roading with on the weekends out here in Colorado. im not trying to do anything to extreme but hit some trails and maybe trow some 32s or 33s with the regular bolt ons. ive seen the advarage price for a disco 2 are less than 11k. so im trying to keep it no more than 11k. just looking for a good platform to start with and build from there. thanks for any advice.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco 2004 with 50,00-K miles would be the best bet.
Second choice would be 1997 Disco with 80-90 K miles.
and if you are just going to have fun skip the details, who cares if the radio or sunroofs don't work? tape them shut and have some fun.

Royal_8

Reaction score
thansk alot. i will look at the 2004 models. and 1997... i think i read some where that the 2003 models had air ride suspension and didnt come with the option to lock the front diff. so im assumin this are the year and model to stay away from.. well thanks for any help. just wanted to know what year and models to stay away from if im planing to use it as an off road vehicle on the weekends.

Royal_8

Reaction score
Would You guys recommend a 2004 HSE Dico 2 for daily driving and for off-rading on the weekends?

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine all the time. But mostly for longer trips and off road. I don't commute or daily drive. Toyata Camry is the car for daily driving :)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your self a favor, send me your number and lets talk. You all all over the map 97 versus 04 and front lockers which we never had.
Let's talk.

Royal_8

Reaction score
sounds good, i will shoot you my number.. lol sorry for all the trouble and questions.. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins