Hey joey, or anyon else, the AC on my P38 Range Rover is not working still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I replaced my AC Condenser which has a hole, and now I just need to get the nice cold air blowing through the air ducts again! Last summer I had a blower motor replaced and I think it was just a big waste of money. They replaced the blower motor on the right side, and the other day I had a friend driving with me and when he shut his passanger door the AC began to blow and made a humming noise. I made a long list last night of possible parts to buy, but dont want really waste any money.

I was told on another forum that I could take the motors out and clean them up and spray them down with electrical cleaner, and that same forum mentioned that it could be the blend motors. I was checking into the blend motors and the part sold doesn't look anything like the picture I saw for the blend motors on RangeRovers.net.....

In short, my car is not blowing any cool air, although air will pass through hte air ducts when I hit the AC off button, then the amount of air that passes through depends on my speed. I am trying to narrow it down because I began pulling apart the dash last night and this is definately a different job then I am used to and I wanna have a good idea as to what I am doing:biggrin: Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, I wish you were close, I would just come over and look at it...

Without being able to get my hands on it, it is hard to say, could be a relay, the fact that the new A/C system needs to be charged (you have to manual kick the compressor in to fill if it has been drained) or it could be any number of other oddities.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joey, the system is working, it produces cold air, it just doesn't blow through the ducts:( I just replaced the fuse box, and suspect I may have a bad water pump too. The relay's you're talking about, are they in the sides of the foot wells? I am not sure what to start pulling apart first, but I have been reading a lot about this so I'll have it sorted sooner or later, just got some bad news about my Mom's health so it might be later, but I wanna know as muc has I can before I get too deep because my time iwth my Mom is pretty important right now, just found out she has cancer, but it's a common kind and very curable, but we caught it kind of late and che has to do kemo and everything, so amongst everything else I have going on this AC might take a back seat but I wanna know all the small things to check so I can knock all those out then hit the big things(Blend motors and blower motors). thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If the fans are not blowing, they have a relay inside the fan case. I would still check voltage getting to the fans though. Also check voltage coming out of the fan switch too them for that matter. Of course they are part of the whole system.... sorry long weekend and it has hardly started.

Cancer... I know that my mom had colon cancer, she passed 18 months ago. :( So I understand. Let me talk to some guys today while I am off roading I Might be able to get you some more info.

Off roading with Nathan and his 2 mechanics :biggrin:

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
Did you ever get the problem figured out? Mine is doing the exact same thing...

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get the problem figured out? Mine is doing the exact same thing...

YES! I removed the front right blower motor in the passanger foot well and opened it up and sprayed the brushes down with electrical cleaner. put it back in and it blows perfectly. Plus I replaced the AC condenser to make it blow cold again, and now I have AC. what exactly is going on with yours?:hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang LROffroad, that is what I can tearing in to find the issue... Impressive.

thumb6plyr

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply! Very similar to your issue..Going doen the road if I turn on the a/c, I can feel cold air. THe book symbol is in the readout. The fans do not blow. I took out the cabin filters and both were full of leaves. ( i just bought this truck), I then checked all the fuses, and relays. The fuse box seems fine from top anyway, the relays, several of them have a brown cast to them in spots. I was not able to find any relays locally, so I am going to the dealership today for relays and cabin filters. And it looks like I may be puilling the pass motor to spray with cleaner...What kind did you use, and did the book symbol go away on its own? You did not have to pull the drivers motor? Thanks again for the info...Joanthan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM