How long do you plan on keeping your LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I'm up to 107k with my 2006. I dropped it off for an oil change/tire rotate and to get the mirror/power seat adjustments checked out.

Overall, its been a very solid ride and believe that nothing competes with it. In Dec, I spent 3000 on oil change, new brakes/rotors/alignment but the bulk of the $ came from the driveshaft being replaced and possibly a few other things that I dont recall right now.

For the past few months I have debated as to whether we keep it or move on but given that we own it now, I cannot come up with any similar replacement truck. The major plus is that my wife loves the solid, tank like feel. I'm for that too. I considered leasing an LR4 and pay the premium for the peace of mind warranty but I'd rather save the extra money for a while.

Its service history is very well documented so considering another used LR3 would just set me back to additional maint. Those of us who have been on here for some time and really appreciate our LR3s for their off road capabilities will agree that you need to keep up on the maint. to keep them going strong.

So for now, it will live on in the family and hope within a year to pick up a D90/110 to trade off for daily driving....

That's my 2 cents..

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ticked 120k and expecting to go to 200k and beyond. Redid the entire suspension last year, cv joints, Koni FSD's it rides better than new.

rewillia

Reaction score
05' LR3 SE, just surpassed 100k; had my Indy do the 100k interval inspection/service, did brakes all around, rotors/pads, etc., serviced trans. spent $1,300 and now proceeding with the next 100k...solid truck, long since paid for and not letting go, no way. too much value remaining for a truck that still has an appeal in terms of look....
IMG_5289.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my 07 for almost a year now. Love it. Taking it in for its 60k service next week. I plan to keep it for another few years, maybe up to 85k then trade for a low milage 3yr old LR4. This is my first LR, but not my last.

I am little gun shy of of going over 100k, every car I have had has rapidly deteriorated and cost $$$ in the 100k-120k bracket...

Bozobrown

Reaction score
My 05 Lr3 just passed 111K, and is running great. I am planning on keeping this truck as long as it will let me keep shoving new parts into it (hopefully 250K+). I finally got it to the age that I'm not afraid to take it pasts its off road limits. I am also more comfortable bolting on new mods and cutting things away to make my upgrades fit. I dont think I would be comfortable drilling into and cutting away on a low mileage LR4. Maybe I will eventually set it aside as a second vehicle, but right now, I am more in love with this damn truck than ever.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"PAST" its off-road limits...????

Good luck with that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM