How many miles on your LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 hse lux with 140k.
New to me at 138k miles.
Car was serviced by previous owner at land rover dealer until 125k, every 5-10k miles.

For preventative maintenance I replaced:
Spark plugs
Pcv valves
Trans fluid and filter
Front and rear diff fluid
Transfer case fluid
Front and rear coolant pipes

For repairs, I replaced the vacuum pump (leaking oil seal) and driver lower control arm.

The trans fluid/filter change seemed to have fixed a minor rpm hunting issue at cruising speed only, which I'm guessing was the fluid affecting the TC.

Timing chain is tight, and cant find records or indication that it's ever failed.

Car was serviced by previous owner at land rover dealer until 125k, every 5-10k miles.

The only thing wrong, that I dont want to spend money or time is the parking brake. It makes the dreaded grinding noise when attempted to be used and throws a failure message. luckily it doesnt actually lock up though. Maybe its just grossly out of adjustment, but with my luck it probably needs a new motor. If the latter, I will just leave never use it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72