I'm new to RR, Help me choose.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

myke321

Hello, :hello:
I'm new to Range Rovers. I'm thinking of buying a late model RR (91-95). Which YR would be best to look at? Meaning most dependable or least maintenance need. I understand that all Land Rover need maintenance, I guess the yr that would be the easiest on my pocket book. Any input would help!

Thanks!
Michael.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

If I were to buy one again, I would definitely buy one pre-93. 92 was the last year that Rovers had coil suspension. 93 and on had air suspension which is VERY EXPENSIVE to fix compared to coils (and they are only good for about 8 years meaning that a 93 should be broken by now). If the suspension is new, buy any year, Classics are the coolest. Good luck and let us know what you find.

S

siambxr

Hey Slam when did the vicious coupling started becoming a standard on the Classics? And ABS does it mess with the off-roading ability of the truck? I just hear people complaining about the ABS not sure if it was about the way it feels of the maintenance part of it.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1992 viscous coupling was started as well as the ABS. I never had any ABS problems, but my viscous coupler was froze into place so I had to replace the whole transfer box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo