Infact car seats - does anyone have a stright answer ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickLR3HSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our 06 LR3 HSE, worked just fine with the **** Cosi Infant seat, has a base that the carrier snaps into. I am 6'6 and can drive the LR3 with no problems having the infant seat in the back middle, just have to use seatbelt to secure it, no biggie. Just buy an extra base for the other cars. http://www.shop.com/****+Cosi+2010+...Quinny+Free+Shipping+Trail-146844058-p+.xhtml

DadtoBe

Reaction score
All VERY goof information! Thanks all, I really appreciate the wisdom in this thread. I plan to head to a BRU tomorrow and try a few out before I buy. You've given me alot to think about....thanks again.

bmb

Reaction score
Not sure if it is too late, but thought I would give my input. I researched and researched car seats like you would not believe - to the point of insanity. A great website is www.elitecarseats.com. Very good reviews! We used a graco travel system, which I would highly recommend. It will fit in an LR3, but the front leg room goes to nothing. On our first child, we put it in the middle. With the second child all I have to say is that I am glad my wife is short! After the infant seat is outgrown, I would highly suggest Britax (we used the roundabout, but not sure if they still make it). They are nice because they are not huge, which is great in the LR3. I never had a problem getting a snug fit in the LR3 with any of these. I did try a Recaro seat for when they outgrew the roundabout and could not get a good fit.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw my $0.02 in as well - Any Radian car seat by Sunshine Kids; much narrow then your average car seat, so you can fit three abreast in an LR3 without any issues, or have any "free" seat fold forward without any difficulty - ie, for access to the rear, we'll strap one outboard and one center. The seats have steel and aluminum reinforcement instead of just plastic and as a result (at least in Canada) they can be used for 8 years instead of 6, and have weight limits of 80 lbs instead of the 65lb max for every other car seat I've seen (though many aren't that high!). I'd probably still start with a detacheable bucket, but the Radian's can be used from 5lbs upwards in rear facing mode - however, because the seat has a very high back, you'd likely want to rear-face in the center.

They also fold flat and can be worn like a very uncomfortable backpack (we travel with 'em several times a year) - the steel reinforcement makes them pretty heavy, but with backpack straps its fine for carrying around airports, etc, etc.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd on the Radian for Toddlers. For infants get the Chicco key fit 30. Very narrow and you don't have the flip the handle forward for protection. You will have decent front seat legroom with the chicco. I had to find 3 seats that would fit across an allroad and 2 sunshines and the chicco did just that. Then I got the LR3 so room wasn't nearly an issue with these seats. The Chicco stroller combo is also my favorite as well.

The radians have a steel core to them which makes them much more ridgid than any other seat I've dealt with. My kids are 6 3 and 2 now so we are all on toddlers but the chicco was well used and still looks new.

rovers3

Reaction score
I have an evenflow (eddie bauer) front facing car seat behind the drivers seat for my 3 year old, with a **** Cosi in the middle facing backward for my 6 mo and i can tell you they fit just fine.
Unlike my E320 which the seats were stacked on each other, the LR3 there is enough room.
AND i can still flip the seat behind the passenger for access to the third row.
SO yes you can do it just fine.

drewman75

Reaction score
Might as well add my two cents since I recently dealt with this as well. Frank is absolutely right about rear-facing toddler seats. At least with my brand, the only way it would work was in the center unless I expected my passengers to sit with their legs folded meditation style in the front seat because of the zero leg room. Ha! I was counting down the days until he was old enough and heavy enough to flip around. If you want your little tyke to still have a tad bit of legroom himself back there when forward facing, then the leg room upfront is still a little iffy, but doable. Although my dad who is 6'2" basically had his knees to the glove box.

We recently had a second and he is in a Chico carrier that has the base that just sits in the seat and the carrier snaps in and out. To make it fit, I lost a little leg room in the drivers side, but since I am only 5'10", it isn't too bad.

The only prob I can forsee anyone having and that I will probably be encountering soon is when the new one is old enought to upgrade to the rear-facing toddler. The rear-facing would have to go center next to the front facing and I know the brand we use for toddler seats (Britax) will be way too wide to accomodate that. But maybe some of the other brands others have mentioned will work like that. Unfortunately for me, my wife is nuerotic about ratings and stuff like that, so I'm not sure she is going to budge on the brand :frown:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4