Interested in a used Range Rover....questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W

wavodpa

I'm looking around for probably around a 00-02 model Range Rover. Anything I should look for as far as certain years to look out for? I'm currently also looking at MB ML 320, Chevy/GMC Tahoe/Yukon, and possible a BMW X5. How do they compare to these vehicles.

How is gas mileage?
Do they have a lot of service problems?
How hard are they to keep up?
Anything else I should look out for?

Any help is appreciated

jumper5836

Reaction score
Wow no responses.

I am also interested in a 2001 RR and wondering if it is a good buy. I've been told the dependabilty on them is terrible and I shouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

I am looking for a dependable daily driver probably putting on about 50000 km/year and I don't care to much about the resale value. I just want something with the type of luxury the RR offers and that will last forever.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jumper5836 said:
I just want something with the type of luxury the RR offers and that will last forever.

Sounds like RR is your only option. If you want dependable, try a Honda. Great gas mileage, and great maintenence. :smile:

jumper5836

Reaction score
Honda is out of the question. Wife really will only go for a SUV. She's comparing the RR to a BWM X5 or a Porsche Cayenne

A

ayavner

I think we might be in Lexus rx330 territory here... last forever, luxury, decent mileage. of course then there is the fact that they are common as dog-turds, but i guess there's a reason for that. I personally think the RR will last forever if you are realistic about what that really means... there will probably be a little more TLC involved, but i think that is part of the "experience", if you will. If you have no desire or time to "bond" with your machine, go with the Lexus... nothing there to bond with anyway :)

just fyi, i speak only from Disco experience, but i understand RRs are similar.

adam

N

napotnik

range rover for sure

It sounds like you've never driven one. They are spectacular vehicles! I've driven several of them over the years. The first was a 1990 County, it was a tank off road. Then a 1995 LWB with the Air Suspension, it was pretty smooth going down the road due to the longer wheel base. A 1997 Range Rover SE, wow was it nice! And finally a 2001 Range Rover HSE with the 4.6L. They were all nice rides and only got more comfortable as the years progressed. The only problem I had really came with the Air Suspension. It had several problems and so we had it converted to a coil suspension by Land Rover using all Guenuine parts. It was a more reliable ride after that and even performed better off road due to greater suspension travel.

It all comes down to the ride for those who will never take it off road. There is nothing like it. They are some of the finest SUVs to grace the market. Sadly, many don't venture off road where their true strengths shine.

So, go out and test drive one. Once you get behind the wheel you'll never want to drive anything else. Unless you're me and you love the Series rovers.

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM