iPhone 3g & LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the factory bluetooth in their LR3 have any problems with the new iPhone 3g that was just released last Friday?

There's a thread on another car maker board of problems with its OEM bluetooth, and was wondering if that is the case with ours.

Any experience, good or bad, please post here.

Patriot

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new 3g works great. Works just like the older iphone did. No problems so far.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great to hear. My iPhone (original model) works great too but didn't want to upgrade to the 3g if there were going to be problems with my LR3.

Thanks for the report.

Patriot

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must ask. Why do you want to upgrade? I have both (temporarily) right in front of me. The 3G iPhone 'real' network speed here (S.F. Bay Area) isn't much better than the EDGE based iPhone in all my testing so far. (This is quite disappointing, especially at $10 more per month.) Maybe it'll get better; I'll try more locations. In my case, there is little 'real world' improvement here other than having data access in parallel while talking on 3G. The battery life even seems worse. Ugh.

So, what is your motivation to upgrade? 3G? 16GB of RAM instead of 8GB (assuming you don't own the late introduction 16GB model)? "Real" GPS? Headphone jack that works for any headphone? Yeah, way off topic. :smile:

Last edited:

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Real" GPS? Headphone jack that works for any headphone? Yeah, way off topic. :smile:
Those are the two most compelling reasons for me. But, I'm pretty unhappy with AT&T in general (my house in the burbs is in a dead zone), so I'll probably stick it out one more year and see if Apple signs deals with other carriers. I know about jailbreak and all that stuff, I don't have the patience for it.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I admit that after installing the v. 2.0 firmware in my iPhone and d/loading some apps (both free and paid) from the App Store, I've asked myself the same question - why upgrade? I love my iPhone right now as is.

Patriot

geoaustin

Reaction score
While on my first bluetooth iPhone 3G call yesterday, it sounded like there was an echo in the LR3's system. Maybe it is just mine, but I am curious if anyone else experiences this issue.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
staying off topic. I'm trying SO hard to want to get an iphone but it does so much less than my current WM6 phone. It's just really really nice to look at. Why do you guys like it so much? My problems with it are low audio level - no mms - no copy/paste, nothing to signal that you have a missed call unless you take it out of sleep mode, no nav - yet. And that all new smudgy-finger printy-mess of a backside.
And yet I'll probably get it...

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
staying off topic. I'm trying SO hard to want to get an iphone but it does so much less than my current WM6 phone. It's just really really nice to look at. Why do you guys like it so much?

My wife has the latest and greatest WM6 phone, a Samsung i900 or something like that. We like to go "head to head' on various phone challenges all the time. The iPhone almost always wins....excpet for voice dialing, which i don't have until I download and install that new app that enables it (finally!).

Anyway, I wrote a brief 10 point post about why I love my iPhone in day to day life here:

http://nwoods.smugmug.com/photos/329797666_zSiwE-L-1.jpg

I have not got the 3G yet. I might? I will update my software this weekend, but for me, the (potentially) compelling features are louder/clearer speakerphone and phone audio in general, and push sync to Exchange. I can push sync now with software alone, but the Edge speed might not be sufficient. I'm trying to get my company to pay for the plan, if they do, 3G here I come.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're happy with your V1 iphone, the audio of the 3g is worth upgrading alone. My WM6 is a tilt, and has the 3g and GPS with real nav. And I love the voice dialing over bluetooth so I don't even have to get my phone out of my pocket. That is a feature I'm afraid Apple doesn't seem too interested in - which is crazy b/c it's a wonderful safety feature as well as convenient. I think the appstore app for voice dial, you will still have to get the phone out, press the button, slide the slider, find the app and then press it. And I've heard it doesn't recognize names well.

btw, your link is a very nice picture, is there a waldo with an iphone hidden somewhere?? LOL

edit..should clarify the 'audio level' comments. Personally I think the audio level of the 1st iphone renders it nearly unusable. You can't even hear the speakerphone in all but the quietest environments. The 3g iphone is drastically better, but still not quite as good as most decent phones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4