Is this Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rovernewbie

Reaction score
Just bought a new to me 06 SE with 42k miles on it for the wife (at least that's what she thinks). Love the truck but it has a few quirks that I'm not sure are normal. I backed it into the driveway today and unloaded something out of the back and as I was walking back to the truck I watched the rear suspension lower. The car was off. no faults indicated when I started it back up and the suspension raised back up on it's own. Is this a normal thing? The other quirks sound like they are all due to a weak battery that is being replaced by the dealer on Wednesday HDC fault, Transmision Fault Reduced Traction. They only appear at the first start up of the day. Other than that seems to be pretty solid. (Posted in the Intro forum also)

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's completely normal for the auto leveling suspension to auto level - even without the key in it.
Enjoy, and welcome!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck autolevels itself. Normal function. Sounds like you are going in the right
direction with the changing of the battery. This should take care of the fault issues
at start up.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off, welcome! the LR3 is a great truck, and my favorite auto i've ever owned, despite its quirks.

yeah, it is normal for the truck to come down on it's own a bit here and there. freaked me out a bit the first few times as well. i have also had a bunch of different indicator lights come on when starting up the truck before i had to replace my battery.

Rovernewbie

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I just thought it a bit strange since it raised back up as soon as I started it.

Trynian

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I just thought it a bit strange since it raised back up as soon as I started it.

I will adjust to account for weight. When you get in and out of the car the weight changes.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, and when you pull stuff out of the cargo area.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..and as my 9 year son says "dad..the truck is f@rting again...".

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first time it happened to me I was under it looking around scarred the crap out of me. Jackstand anytime I stick my head under there now!!

motherclucker

Reaction score
Hello all, I have the same problem with my RRS, but the battery goes dead after one day! I changed the batter and that didn't fix the problem. I try using the traction control and the special system unavailable shows up and so does transmission fault shows as well. Could it be that the transfer case fluids are low?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM