Is this the perfect fit wheel?

Discussion in 'LR3' started by Martin Spencer, Sep 23, 2018.

1. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

Bring it on. With the rain I was thinking of putting them back on until the snow comes. I've never been to Tillamook but I have been digging finding routes through from I90 to 410 and want to do one out into the yakima canyon area.

2. Houm_WA

Houm_WA Full Access Member

Have you done Liberty or Fortune Creek? Those are fun ones in the Cle Elum Valley and at this point they are not snowed in yet. Tillamook is best done as a camping trip.

I gotta be honest, jwest, between college football season (I have season tix at Oregon State) and both my kids playing Soccer, I have no real time for wheelin' in the Fall. Possible snow run in December but other than that it's shut down until late spring.

jwest likes this.
  3. Mcb14230

Mcb14230 Active Member

JWEST. I am with you on the options out there for Lr3/4. I don’t like the look of Compomotives, mud techs or Terrafirma wheels. But I have found multiple manufacturers that will custom cut wheels to our specs. But these will be two or three piece forged wheels and run 750-1000 ea. You will be different but have a lot less cash for other upgrades. I add in a 6-8 week turn around and you get where I am. Trying to decide to be different or go Compomotive. A brake swap would open up a world of 17” wheels and I am considering it.

4. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

None of those sexy wheels will be worth anything off road and will be destroyed on the first real trail. Not sure what point there is then over just using the 19 or 20" wheels that come on the vehicle which are at least engineered for the abuse and weight.

5. Mcb14230

Mcb14230 Active Member

What I have been looking at are forged off-road wheels which would be significantly stronger than the factory cast wheels. The wheel change is for more sidewall as the wheels will need that protection off pavement.

6. jwest

jwest Full Access Member

LOL ok whatever. suit yourself. there's a reason you don't see any 3 pc wheels on any off road prepped land rovers.