It’s the new Land Rover Defender!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
September 10 is the reveal at the Frankfurt Auto Show then November 20th is the North American reveal at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Landrover sent me an email with a countdown calendar. Amazingly it looks like the leaked pics we've seen over the past few months really were the actual vehicle.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't care for the bulging wheel well fender arches sticking out, which provide no benefit while limiting side clearance on narrow trails.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear tire carrier, showing in the video, this is better than Christmas!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This actually is a breath of fresh air. Good for them. It's putting the fancy jeep in it's place. This looks really good

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Defender build page at the Land Rover USA web site doesn't show a diesel engine option.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the first thing I noticed yesterday, no diesel. That's really a bummer and no EPA ratings. My biggest question is what is the point of those bolstering plates above the rear wheel well. That seems like a wierd design issue. I do love it though, it will be interesting to see after 6 months what issues come up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72