just got 2011 LR4 with lux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got 2011 LR4 with lux with check engine light

this is my first land rover , coming from jeep.....the truck rides great, love the driving position and visibility.......but as I feared at mile 700 check engine light.......I so hope this a fluke and not a glimpse of things to come....

code p003e-00 intake (a) camshaft profile control performance or stuck off - bank 2

tech clames connector loose......then secured the connector and reset and light goes off.....within 5 miles the light is back on.....have to wait 7 days to bring it in so they will have a loaner.....service guy says no problems to keep driving it until then.....

not sure what the threshold is for getting another vehicle, but am worried i will be chasing sensor issues all the time......in my mind the threshold is 5....if i have 5 consecutive service trips for check engine lights i will start pushing for a replacement.......

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in case anybody is wondering, there is a tsb out on this issue, released 12/22...it requires replaceing some type of oil seperator solenoid in the engine.....and 12 hours of labor cost under warranty......my dealer has to order parts one week to arrive, and a tool to do the job 2 weeks to get.....they say it is ok to drive, so i have an engine light for atleast 2 more weeks....

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in case anybody is wondering, there is a tsb out on this issue, released 12/22...it requires replaceing some type of oil seperator solenoid in the engine.....and 12 hours of labor cost under warranty......my dealer has to order parts one week to arrive, and a tool to do the job 2 weeks to get.....they say it is ok to drive, so i have an engine light for atleast 2 more weeks....

12-hour job! That part must be buried so deep.

I had the check engine light come on at 117 miles. They said it was because I didn't put the gas cap on tight enough. I know I tightened the cap well enough. Nonetheless, after doing a bunch of tests, including emptying the gas tank, doing a smoke/vacuum test they still claimed it was the gas cap not being put on tight enough.

Nonetheless, the reset the check engine light and put some 91 octane fuel back in the tank. I haven't had the problem since. And of course, I tighten the crap out of the gas cap. But what I found interesting was, reading through another thread, that if you do not put high-octane gas 91 or above, that the check engine light will trigger.

Well, it only recommends high-octane whereas other makers such as BMW say only high-octane... and although I always use high-octane regardless, I have a feeling when I bought the LR4 new, and when the dealership topped off the gas for free, that they put in low-octane fuel which triggered the check engine light.

Not sure if this was the case, but I have not had the issue since, or any other issue with Harriet. I'm curious of this tsb is only if the problem arises, vs. having them replace this part/expensive job regardless.

Thanks for sharing this information btw! And good luck with your LR4. It's a great truck.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read the tsb, and it is only recommended if this particular fault code is found when the check engine light comes on

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost 6weeks later and they finally have the parts to fix it.....however i bought a code reader from autozone and cleared the code to get the check engine light off, and hasn't come back on for almost 2 weeks now........so i doubt they will fix it without the code......maybe a little break in on the engine and the rover worked it out on its own..lol

they still need to update the nav and entertainment software and install trailer wiring......i wont mention that i cleared the code, just that oh i hadn't noticed but the check engine just went off on its own.......:)

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost 6weeks later and they finally have the parts to fix it.....however i bought a code reader from autozone and cleared the code to get the check engine light off, and hasn't come back on for almost 2 weeks now........
Did you read the code before you cleared it? Just wondering what the code was...

Cogs4x4

Reaction score
Just threw this code on my 12 LR4..

P003E-00 (E8) Intake (A) camshaft profile

I use GAP IID tool do I have a full record of codes thrown.

Thx for TSB..

Also running really bad fuel Mileage do figuring spark and wires needed anyway..

~90k with CPO warranty left

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo