Just Got my LR3 SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

geowgray

Just got it 2 weeks ago 700 miles on it now got it with 6 miles. I have every option except the adaptive headlights and the 19 in. Wheels of the HSE. I think thats the the only difference. This is my first Land Rover and will not be the last, though I have had some interesting things come up I'll talk about later. I have discovered dashboard warning lights that came on. (real freaky) I read in the manual, which you should read and basically use as the LR3 bible.....(lots of dog-eared pages), to reset the rolling laptop, I'm sorry, the ignition of your LR3 by turning it off and then back on. Well it work for me. I had the tow electronics installed, which is an option by the way, even if you order the towing package, and the a-frame with driving lights installed. When I got the truck back and drove it about 5 miles the dashboard warning lights came on and the suspension jacked itself up to offroad, this is after the default feature the EAS has. But after the warm reboot (I'm an IT Manager) I have not had the problem again. Truly this car is a rolling laptop!! All I can say is I LOVE IT!! I just have to force myself to stay out of it. Oh well this love affair is new and will go to a different excitement level. Have fun LR3ers. Get ready for the next gen Terrain Response with the sport setting........ I think it basically stays in access mode.....look on the websit at the Range Stormers Terrain Response Knob settings, it has 6 instead of 5.

I'd like the software that is used to programe this thing. Ohhhh one day! Oh, take it offroad only after you've broken it in.......it is a blast!!!!!!! You may have to turn off DSC....... I didn't and that was not a blast......DSC kicked in and basically got in the way, backed off on accelleration and almost got me stuck in mud. It's kind of funny sounding.......sort of like slowing down a spinning record, if you remember what those are.

W

w6000

Congrads on your toy, by the way does your trailer light come on when you start the LR3? I got the tow electric installed and my light does not come on. The manual says that it should come on as a bulb check when the car starts, but the service guy said that it will only work when there is something attached to the electrics. I think he was full of it.

T

texas911

Welcome to the club, you gotta love the LR3, its so full of character, that's what I call the little problems it has.

G

geowgray

w6000 said:
Congrads on your toy, by the way does your trailer light come on when you start the LR3? I got the tow electric installed and my light does not come on. The manual says that it should come on as a bulb check when the car starts, but the service guy said that it will only work when there is something attached to the electrics. I think he was full of it.
I have not connected a trailier as of yet. I will check on the bulb your talking about when I do.

I was told by the dealer that when the trailer is attached that the suspension will lock in normal or offroad height. I'll have to read the manual on that.

G

geowgray

LR3 Full of Character

texas911 said:
Welcome to the club, you gotta love the LR3, its so full of character, that's what I call the little problems it has.
[font=&quot]That’s great... I tell you the little issues I've encountered so far have been interesting. This may sound strange but I have had this man/machine discussion with mine and I have made it very clear that "I'M NOT HAVING IT!!!!!”. You know, it's true you do have to love the machine. ..But what’s perfect anyway?
:hmpf:
[/font]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9