Just ordered rock sliders... what's next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still working on wheels and tires. What else should I get?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local trail map, go out and enjoy your truck. You can still get out while waiting
for your sliders and looking for your 18's. These trucks do pretty damn well out of
the box.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local trail map, go out and enjoy your truck. You can still get out while waiting
for your sliders and looking for your 18's. These trucks do pretty damn well out of
the box.

I've ordered a map. I'm really hoping that I'll get some free time to go play in the mud this weekend! Unfortunately I have a big paper due on Monday and so it's probably a pipe dream.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What area are you in? Try 4x4books.com and sidekickoffroad.com for some great resources.

Question: did you buy the sliders for OffRoving.com based on what you've seen here?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What area are you in? Try 4x4books.com and sidekickoffroad.com for some great resources.

Question: did you buy the sliders for OffRoving.com based on what you've seen here?

I'll take a look at those sites.

I did some looking around but I was really impressed with the offroving.com website and the videos of just how much protection the sliders afford the vehicle. I was also shocked by some of the photos I've seen of damage that rocks can create.

Hell, just watching the video of you trying to get through that one obstacle at Nightmare Gulch was enough to convince me!

Why do you ask?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's always good to know how people find us or what the motivator is.

I suppose that the motivation is peace of mind. I know that I will enjoy driving off road a lot more if I'm not constantly freaking out that I'm going to hit a rock and cause thousands of dollars of body damage and induce my wife to forbid further extracurricular activities.

Did you get my email about the onboard air system?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get my email about the onboard air system?

I did not! Try "woods" AT "offroving" DOT "com"

I did an onboard air system a while ago. Works great:
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?p=34

onboard_air_03-450.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink