Just picked up 2006 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just agreed to get a loaded HSE with 7 seats, rear climate and dark cherry wood package.

Java on alpaca - looks amazing and can hardly wait until next week.

probably only 50 hours of research tops - toyed with Rover products for 10 years but was never prepared to take the head aches. i had a 12 cylinder Jaguar sedan so i had 1st hand with English build and electronics.

the LR3 seems to be the 1st model that could really change their reputation.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here too, but I think this is the best resource out there for LR3 owners. Take the time to do a search for any issues you may have - all of the most common problems have already been discussed.

Enjoy your new LR3!

H

Houm_WA

Cpa4S, can you describe the "Dark Cherry wood package?"

Is this just the standard wood package that is available as an add-on (installed by the dealer) or is this something new from the factory?

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
Enjoy your ride, and please please please treat it right and get it dirty! It will amaze you. Be sure to also check out www.disco3.co.uk forums for all things LR3 related.

off roading photos of my LR3:
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?cat=18

I just checked out your web site - amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. I bookmarked your page and put you in my buddy list because I'll be moving to SoCal in January and will probably contact you about joining your club.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be great! There are a few guys with LR3's beginning to go out and get them properly dirty. www.sclr.org is the club. Don't wait until Jan to introduce yourself, feel free to particpate in the forums (roverboard) now. You will learn stuff along the way.

Check out a recent trip from a bunch of SCLR guys, who went to Colorado:
http://roverlove.spaces.live.com/

Also, take a look at this recent discussion regarding upgrades to the LR3 for off roading (if you are so inclined): http://www.sclr.org/cgi-bin/roverboard/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000763

Cheers,

NW

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
Enjoy your ride, and please please please treat it right and get it dirty! It will amaze you. Be sure to also check out www.disco3.co.uk forums for all things LR3 related.

off roading photos of my LR3:
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?cat=18

thanks good link to the roughs. up here it will be tough to find a lot of non-private land to roll around on, but i will start working.

did you just paint the body molding white or is that a kit?

the full white looks really good imo.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airboss said:
Congrats, and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here too, but I think this is the best resource out there for LR3 owners. Take the time to do a search for any issues you may have - all of the most common problems have already been discussed.

Enjoy your new LR3!

i spent quite a bit of time reading pages on the machine here and @ Edmunds carspace. it was the make it or break it research for the machine.

it is an june 06 build date so should still need the software flashes for the tranny and suspension glitches. it also should need the re-calibration on the rear wheel canter.

i just have to make sure the dealer dosen't take the approach of dealing with those issues only after they arise.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm_WA said:
Cpa4S, can you describe the "Dark Cherry wood package?"

Is this just the standard wood package that is available as an add-on (installed by the dealer) or is this something new from the factory?

it is added on by the stealer; it just replaces the 2 outside vent housings and the surround around the centre stack. when we were looking a client of the same dealership was in and i got to see it already installed. it really adds a nice overall to the interior.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635