Land Rover Calgary - Service Dept. a Joke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you speak to the service manager about the issue and the $5? If that didn't help ask to speak to the owner. Sadly we live in a world where the squeaky wheel gets the grease, at this point in my life and working in the service industry I can say that if it were me and I didn't get a loaner or at least a real reason for the issue. I would get me a few picket signs and stand at the entrance to the dealership and express my opinions after I called the local news station.

Landrover4ever

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear

I have and waiting for them to call me back... I think I will post on their service site and see if that does anything...

vitola231

Reaction score
Maybe its a matter of not fitting into expected customer profile of land rover canada, IE, maybe they just don't want you at dealership. My dealership was great with my wifes volvo but absolutely awful with her LR3.

The last time we dealt with them was for no power steering on LR3, you could hear the pump whining. They insisted it was the steering u-joint, $800 later still no power steering. I had them do an alignment and when they were done you couldn't keep the vehicle on the road and it would wipe out if you hit snow or ice.

I went to the scrap yard and bought a used pump and popped it on myself, yeah, power steering. Brought vehicle over to another shop for alignment and yeah, a true alignment, just like that.

I brought my range rover over and wanted to have an induction cleaning done and check why I had no low range. I stood at service counter and waited for customer before me to be done, then they had to take a rather long phone call, then previous customer came back and paid. When all this was done the service advisor said "I have to input this information into the computer" I was there for 20 minutes total before I realized they were wanting me not to be there:mad: I wouldn't have minded if they simply said we don't want you in here, I believe they can serve who they want. But I left feeling like a fool.:hmpf:

They also told me to drop the transmission pan and change the mechatronic seal was 7 hours work and fluid was $60 a litre do to a frame cross member in the way all while pretending to get this info off the computer. The L322 range rover has no frame cross member in the way, max 1.5 hours with a coffee break in between. Problem is we like land rover products but now my wife who was thinking of getting an LR4 reasonably says why should we buy a company's product if they don't want to deal with us, can't fault her logic. Its to bad, the sales staff is very nice and always try to help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo